Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving Day is Tomorrow

Posted by flevy (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 19:52

We move into our new house tomorrow. Today was a very busy day getting the house ready. The granite team arrived bright and early.

Photobucket

First in were the perimter counters---Premium Black Brushed. It has a leather finish.
Photobucket

Then came the master bath vanity--Carribean Green
Photobucket

The Shower Bench--Durango Travertine
Photobucket

The kids vanity--Azul Macubus
Photobucket

And then the island--Sea Pearl.
Photobucket

Photobucket

It barely cleared the door. The lead guy was measuring the doorway all morning. When they were bringing it in, I don't speak Spanish, but I got the jist of what was being said :)
Photobucket

One Two Three...Lift
Photobucket

A little fussing
Photobucket

And it's in place!
Photobucket

Thanks for letting me share. It's been a very exciting day. Too add to the excitement the plumber called me around 3pm. He had finished his last job early and had some time to come over this afternoon if I wanted him to start hooking up the facuets and the dishwashers!!!! Yes Please!!! So tomorrow when the kids and I move in I will have running water in the kitchen. The range (Lacanche) has shipped from the factory and is expected Friday or Monday. Now if only the cabinet company could send my remade fridge panels just a week bit quicker all would be good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving Day is Tomorrow

Takes my breath away!
Carpe diem!
Seize the day- so exciting!

Probably good that you don't understand Spanish

o

Beautiful!!! What granite is on island? It is beautiful.

o

Never mind, I see you said it is Sea Pearl. Just beautiful, all of it!

o

WUUUU HOOOOO

Gorgeous! So many different granites! Love it! All fabulous. The Lancanche is on her way!!!!

Love traditional homes.....never know when they were built....never out of style. Always seem like the ultimate family gathering place.

Grins for you, Flevy!

o

Oh my gosh, all that granite/travertine installed on the same day??? I found myself holding my breath looking at the picture of the granite going through the front door. Amazing! Enjoy all that beautiful stone!

o

So many gorgeous stones! Your home is lovely!

o

So much accomplished in one day! It looks great, and I hope the rest of the final details like the Lacanche install go as smoothly for you.

Congratulations!

P.S. more pics please as soon as you can!

o

Wow! What a difference a day makes. Looks great.

Good luck on your move.

o

I'll bet that truck was driving with flat tires! :)

Beautiful.
How exciting to start something new, with so many beautiful things!

Enjoy!

o

Gorgeous. So exciting. Love that Sea Pearl and bead board island! Best to you in your new house. :)

o

all of it looks great-good choices. Could you tell me abou the hexagon tile on your shower floor?

o

Designnov... I'll look for the tile box. Sorry off the top of my head I can't remember the name of the tile.

o

Flevy - Has your Lacanche baby arrived yet?? Do you have more pictures to share with your fans??? Thanks

o

Wondering if you could tell me how your Sea Pearl is holding up? Does it etch or stain? I looked at it today and am considering it for my counters. Thanks.

o

I would like to know too. I found Sea Pearl today that was polished on one side and honed on the other side.I can't decide which side I like better.

Is yours polished?

thanks, peke

o

Hey flevy, do you still like the sea pearl? What colors show up? Some people say gray or green or blue. Peke

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here