Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Caesarstone Calacatta

Posted by AGK2003 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 19:51

Has anyone seen a sample of the caesarstone calacatta classic? The AU site says it's coming out in early 2014. Was wondering about this since i've pretty much come to terms that I am a super messy cook and can't do any natural marbles.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Caesarstone Calacatta

I'm keeping my eye on this as well... haven't seen any samples yet, but it looks promising.

o

Since my remodel is taking so long....that might work for me! Marking for more information.

o

I am curious too, if it looks pixilated I will pass on it, but it looks like it could have potential!

o

I was just out looking at a slab of Alpine Mist from the same collection and although it doesn't look like any marble I've seen (although I haven't hung around stoneyards), it looks amazing. Almost translucent in a way that doesn't come through in the small samples and the veining is really nice on the slab. I am looking forward to seeing the Calacatta.

o

supposedly samples of calacatta from caesarstone will be available in july 2014 in australia. anyone have any updates or insight as to when they'll get to the US?

o

I was at cesarstone yesterday to look at slabs. You can't just walk around in there, you have to make an appointment and they put the slabs you want to see in a display area. As it turns out they had some slabs already set up from some showing for ceasarstone upper echelon they had that morning. There were two slabs there that looked like a calacatta and I asked about them and the rep said she hadn't seen them before. A while later I asked about them again and she gave me the strangest explanation. She said those were mistakes, that they would be scrapped. She tried to make it sound like they were misty carrera (can't remember which one she said) or London grey and they were messed up. I pointed out that there were two identical slabs (how do you mess up two with the identical pattern). So when I read this post that a new one was coming out, it seems like that is what I most likely saw. Now after all that build up you probably want to know what they looked like. I don't have a clue because that viewing area was so dark you couldn't make out shades of anything. It was in a dark area of the warehouse and they had the warehouse doors open on the other end which I think made it even worse. I went to look at London gray and could barely make out the color or pattern on it because it was so dark and shadowy in there. From what I did see, the veining in the pattern area looked good, but I'm not so sure that I liked the pattern of the calacutta on the slab. Now I'm anxious for it to come out to see if that is it.

o

That is really interesting cani. Can I ask which location you went to? I was thinking about going to the location closest to me to look at slabs, but it is 3 hours away. I would hate to make that trip if the viewing was poor.

o

Rebecca, I'm in Southern California and went to the one on penrose ave in sun valley. If you live in the area I can give you contact info and the address. I found it by accident because I went to arizona tile which is right next door. Last weekend I went to the silestone place in Anaheim.

While I was there the warehouse employees were busy so couldn't move the slabs for me. Maybe I just picked the wrong time to go.

o

I'm in the Pacific NW - I think they have a Seattle location. But I'm glad you posted about your experience, because now I need to explore if it is worth my time to go there.

Thanks!

o

For me it would be worth the trip because I'm the type of person that needs to see it. Looking at the small samples does not give me any idea of what the whole slab looks like, but that is just me. Some of the ones I thought I liked were too busy when seeing the whole slab. The London gray looks better than I thought (what I could see of it). But doing a 3 hour trip just for that purpose is a lot.

o

Pental Quartz makes a calacatta. I saw it today on a beautiful waterfall island at the A&D Building in NYC. It's stunning--on a white background with thick and dramatic gold and gray veining.

o

Attached is a pic of the Pental Calacatta Gold (from their website). It looks great, although the banding pattern I think is a bit too solid -- I think I'd like to see a vein end somewhere in the slab vs. the all over effect. It is definitely looking like the gold variant.

This post was edited by gooster on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 11:20

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here