Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pull placement

Posted by SkindyLu (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 19:27

I want to use this type of squared upper for my cabinets in my corners. My cabinet maker thinks the best way to keep the opposing door pull from hitting each other upon opening is to only use one pull. The other would be opened with a grab to the inside. That would seem weird visually. The only other way, he said, is to put the pulls about 3-4 inches in from the edge. If you have this set up, can you tell me how to do this so I can use two pulls properly? There's got to be a way to do this. I just can't figure out how. Thanks for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pull placement

I was going to do this type of corner cab, and my cabinet maker would have done it as yours is suggesting with a knob on only one door and the other door opened by grabbing the inside. (And if you have seen the other pics of the cabinet you posted, they have done the same.) See the link below.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: See the post from athomeinva

o

Thank you, BlackChamois. I had not seen the other photos and it was helpful to read the other posts. Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you.

o

Keep us posted on what you decide to do!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here