Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
banzaiengr

Almost Finished Kitchen Pics 8K

banzaiengr
12 years ago

My first post. I've been following for a couple of years to get ideas from all the wonderful folks on this board. Our kitchen renovation was not planned this early, but I found some showroom display cabinets at HD for 1/3rd of the original cost. Cabinets are Kraftmade, the counter is Silestone and Ikea butcher block. The back splash is subway tile from Tile Shop. Had a great local carpenter for the install. Already had the appliances. Total cost was 8500! Only had enough cabinet to do the kitchen side, still have to do the desk area side. Any ideas? The cabinets had been discontinued so I can't get any to match. Should we go with cream colored cabinets of a similar style? Didn't have enough cabinets so had to use an old one above the microwave, any suggestions.

Comments (15)

• KBH
    12 years ago

Pics would probably be helpful, but I personally don't think I'd try to match cream cabinets. Especially if it's a different section - how about a cherry or oak color in the same type cabinet door style?
    Congrats on the great deal!

• banzaiengr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Still trying to figure out how to post pics. Try this link to view pics:

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Pictures

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    12 years ago

It looks great! I would think about maple cabinets stained in a color similar to your woodwork and butcherblock. I couldn't tell from the pictures where the desk area is. I love the crackle subway tile and the silestone with the cabinets. Beautiful!

• brianadarnell
    12 years ago

Wow! looks great~ I wouldn't try to match the white. What about a colored painted cabinet or a dark wood?

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    12 years ago

I was able to see them before by clicking on "view all" above. Your link works too.

It's easy to post pics from photobucket. Move your mouse over a picture and a menu will appear. Click on the text next to HTML code, then paste it into your message. Here is one of your pictures:

Just remember to preview to see if it came out OK. This one is a little big, so someone else will have to tell you how to make it the right size!

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

Looks great! so nice and bright. I agree with the others on a painted or stained cab. BTW... I love the woodwork around your window. What about finding a similar wood stain color?

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

You did the tile install yourself? It's beautiful!

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

renovationronnie, I love the cabinets and would have bought them also. The style is prettier than the Woodmark Savannah since, all the extras like the spice rack is wonderful, love the glazed and painted color of the cabinets (do you know what it is called?), the counters go so nicely (were there part of the package price since they were on the display?), love the cups and dishes rack, and I love the overall look.

I would either do two things. I would find out the exact paint color and glaze and see if there is another Kraftsmaid kitchen cabinet that looks like this one in the same color. If not, then maybe get a similar style that matches the butcher block.

Do you know the style of the door so maybe someone can do a search for the door that took over when this style was discontinued and maybe it will look similar?

• pondlily
    12 years ago

If you paint that niche above the micro white it would blend in and could be used for cookbooks or maybe add a shelf similar to the one you have. I don't think matching whites would be such an issue because it will be naturally darker in that area anyway. Great job! It's lovely. Did you stencil on the glass cabinet yourself?
    I don't see the desk area in your pictures.

• momo7
    12 years ago

Looks beautiful! And what a great deal! I love the colour of the cabinets, so nice and creamy. Awesome tile job!

• kitchenkrazed09
    12 years ago

I was going to suggest the same thing as Pondlily, cookbooks would be perfect above the microwave. I agree with the others not to try to match the white for the desk area. I would do a similar cabinet style in a wood tone. It looks great, love the tile and the counters!

• bellajourney
    12 years ago

Wow, it is beautiful! Love the cabinets, plate rack, glass pendant light, and I believe I spotted crackle subway tile too (swoon). Wonderful job! May you enjoy it for many, many years to come! :)

• colorfast
    12 years ago

Great kitchen!

While most of us don't want to do a kitchen in two stages, it strikes me that you have an opportunity here. If there are any appliances or foodstuffs that aren't fitting well into the completed section, you can still solve your storage issue.

Keep a list of what things you'd like to store in the remaining cabinets to be ordered. Post your list here and hopefully also a room layout here, and you can really maximize the remaining space around your desk.

• carybk
    12 years ago

I'd paint the niche above the MW but not white-- some dark color, or maybe a rich pop of color that you have going on somewhere else.

If you can't exactly match the cream, I'd do stained or painted cabs in a very different color.

• Linda
    12 years ago

Beautiful! And what a creative use of the space above the microwave.