Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want to help choose my slab of granite?

Posted by Melissa-Kitchen (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 19:24

I have reviewed my granite guy's supplier's website and these are my top two picks:

Option 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want to help choose my slab of granite?

Option 2

o

There are aspects that I really like and some spots that I prefer weren't there on both slabs. I have looked at about 15-20 of his options and these are my two front runners.

I don't know if it matters, but I'll need about 46 square feet of granite from the slab. No clue how much that would take up and how much would be left over.

I have oak hardwood floors in the kitchen and I am painting the cabinets white. (BM Oxford White CC-30) Backsplash is TBD and the wall color will be changed once everything else is done.

So, thoughts? I think that I know which way I am leaning but my DH is out of town so I need a second opinion.

Thanks in advance!

o

first one

o

Yes slab #1

o

Option 1. Love it!
Although it does somewhat depend on the floors and cabinets.
I definitely prefer the first slab though. Pretty!

o

first one

o

#1 is absolutely gorgeous and definitely gets my vote. I love the blend of warm and cool shades.

They are both pretty but I see #1 with white cabinets more easily. The colors in #2 look a little muddier to me.

o

Another vote for #1... Very pretty!

o

1 is really pretty.

o

Before I saw any of the replies I told myself #1. Looks like that is the runway favorite so far. Love the movement in it.

o

#1 yes

o

Another vote for the first one. Actually, it looks like my counter-is that Golden Beach?? Your kitchen sounds like it will be beautiful!!!

o

Love #1

o

I vote for #1

o

You can't go wrong with either. I would say to take it one step further and imagine where it will be templated. Right now. we are seeing an entire slab but it will be divided up in your kitchen.

o

#1 hands down. But you need to see them in person with a sample of your cabs.

o

It all depends on your other colors. Unless my monitor is tricking me, slab #2 has pink tones that #1 does not, and that doesn't work with everything.
Otherwise, I tend to prefet the pattern in #2

o

I like #1. I am looking at Sienna Bordeaux also but the slab that I am looking at has a lot more gray in it. I like the colors on yours better.

o

Another #1!

o

Personally liked one...until I saw two! Truly either one is perfect. Nice choices.

o

LOVE slab 1!!!!

o

No contest...#1 for sure. It has more movement and color then #2. More WOW factor too! NancyLouise

o

Ahhh!!! Now I have an option 3. So between these two, which would you choose?

Option 1

o

Option 3

o

I think they're all lovely. I think #3 combines the best features of #1 and #2. I like the green better in #3.

o
Another granite option! Can't make up my mind

I have to call my granite supplier to find out how the granite slabs will be divided. I think that I need one seam. Should this be a factor when choosing my slab?

o

Sorry, I meant to repost the first option so the pictures would be closer

Option 1

o

I think I like #3 a little better than #1 but it really comes down to how your layout would fit on each of the slabs... can you capture the most interesting parts on the slabs? You'll only know that for sure when you are looking at them in person.

How fun!

o

i agree, i like #3 a little better. its a little more defined and i love what is going on in the bottom right corner, very cool.

brng your cab, floor sample and whatever else you have b/c it definitely will look different in person than monitor.
and if you can, ask them if they have a hand-held lightbulb so you can use that to light the slab. hopefully they have a contractor light, you know the one with the cage halfway around the bulb. it will look totally different than with their florescent lights.
i think you see the real color of the slab with that light. it really made a difference when i picked out my slab and you will see more detail in the slab.

o

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I'll be making my decision likely tomorrow. I'll let you know what I choose but I think #3 might be the winner.

o

Sorry did you ever post the names of #'s 1,2 and 3? I think it would be helpful to others searching.

This post was edited by missgran on Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 12:49

o

Loved Option 1 but also love Option 3 even more
Take a look in real time and "lick" your favorite!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here