Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_kitchen_gw

Want to help choose my slab of granite?

Melissa-Kitchen
11 years ago

I have reviewed my granite guy's supplier's website and these are my top two picks:

Option 1

Comments (32)

• Melissa-Kitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Option 2

• Melissa-Kitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

There are aspects that I really like and some spots that I prefer weren't there on both slabs. I have looked at about 15-20 of his options and these are my two front runners.

I don't know if it matters, but I'll need about 46 square feet of granite from the slab. No clue how much that would take up and how much would be left over.

I have oak hardwood floors in the kitchen and I am painting the cabinets white. (BM Oxford White CC-30) Backsplash is TBD and the wall color will be changed once everything else is done.

So, thoughts? I think that I know which way I am leaning but my DH is out of town so I need a second opinion.

Thanks in advance!

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

first one

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

Yes slab #1

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

Option 1. Love it!
    Although it does somewhat depend on the floors and cabinets.
    I definitely prefer the first slab though. Pretty!

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

first one

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

#1 is absolutely gorgeous and definitely gets my vote. I love the blend of warm and cool shades.

They are both pretty but I see #1 with white cabinets more easily. The colors in #2 look a little muddier to me.

• chicagoans
    11 years ago

Another vote for #1... Very pretty!

• senator13
    11 years ago

1 is really pretty.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Before I saw any of the replies I told myself #1. Looks like that is the runway favorite so far. Love the movement in it.

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

#1 yes

• lorichats
    11 years ago

Another vote for the first one. Actually, it looks like my counter-is that Golden Beach?? Your kitchen sounds like it will be beautiful!!!

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Love #1

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

I vote for #1

• ellendi
    11 years ago

You can't go wrong with either. I would say to take it one step further and imagine where it will be templated. Right now. we are seeing an entire slab but it will be divided up in your kitchen.

• poohpup
    11 years ago

#1 hands down. But you need to see them in person with a sample of your cabs.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    11 years ago

It all depends on your other colors. Unless my monitor is tricking me, slab #2 has pink tones that #1 does not, and that doesn't work with everything.
    Otherwise, I tend to prefet the pattern in #2

• jerzeegirl
    11 years ago

I like #1. I am looking at Sienna Bordeaux also but the slab that I am looking at has a lot more gray in it. I like the colors on yours better.

• gone_south
    11 years ago

Another #1!

• BerlinGirl
    11 years ago

Personally liked one...until I saw two! Truly either one is perfect. Nice choices.

• amykath
    11 years ago

LOVE slab 1!!!!

• nancylouise5me
    11 years ago

No contest...#1 for sure. It has more movement and color then #2. More WOW factor too! NancyLouise

• Melissa-Kitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ahhh!!! Now I have an option 3. So between these two, which would you choose?

Option 1

• Melissa-Kitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Option 3

• Bunny
    11 years ago

I think they're all lovely. I think #3 combines the best features of #1 and #2. I like the green better in #3.

• Melissa-Kitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have to call my granite supplier to find out how the granite slabs will be divided. I think that I need one seam. Should this be a factor when choosing my slab?

• Melissa-Kitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry, I meant to repost the first option so the pictures would be closer

Option 1

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

I think I like #3 a little better than #1 but it really comes down to how your layout would fit on each of the slabs... can you capture the most interesting parts on the slabs? You'll only know that for sure when you are looking at them in person.

How fun!

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

i agree, i like #3 a little better. its a little more defined and i love what is going on in the bottom right corner, very cool.

brng your cab, floor sample and whatever else you have b/c it definitely will look different in person than monitor.
    and if you can, ask them if they have a hand-held lightbulb so you can use that to light the slab. hopefully they have a contractor light, you know the one with the cage halfway around the bulb. it will look totally different than with their florescent lights.
    i think you see the real color of the slab with that light. it really made a difference when i picked out my slab and you will see more detail in the slab.

• Melissa-Kitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I'll be making my decision likely tomorrow. I'll let you know what I choose but I think #3 might be the winner.

• missgran
    11 years ago

Sorry did you ever post the names of #'s 1,2 and 3? I think it would be helpful to others searching.

This post was edited by missgran on Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 12:49

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Loved Option 1 but also love Option 3 even more
    Take a look in real time and "lick" your favorite!