Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

positano-adelphi cabinets from pennsylvania

michelle16
13 years ago

Hi Your kitchen is so beautiful, I saw you had adelphi cabinets in eggshell, is that the place in pennsylvania, I forget what part but when I was doing my master bath my husband and I went out to penn., a guy told us about the cabinets custom made there, if so are you happy with them and how expensive are they, I'm looking for beaded insets, thanks, Michelle

Comments (12)

• positano
    13 years ago

Hi Michelle16! Good timing I was just about to go get the kids ready for bed. Yes, Adelphi is based in Philadelphia. I am in NJ and used a local kitchen designer that carries the cabinets. I have been very happy with the quality. I got all custom cabinets for just a little bit more than it would have been with Kraftmaid. Its amazing how that works out, at first I didn't even ask him the price because I thought they would be out of my range. But to get painted(which is usually an upcharge) and all custom sizes with soft close I was thrilled!! We have a lot of cabinets too.

Mine are not inset, but I'm sure they do that. it just might be more. I think they were having a sale when I ordered too.I have two kids and 3 neices and nephews that live right next door. THe kitchen gets a lot of wear and tear and the paint finish is holding up beautifully. Its only been about 2 years, but so far so good.

Here is the link, not sure if its the same place you were thinking of. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

The color I picked was one they had, eggshell. I would say its a close match to BM Linen White. My trim is BM mayonnaise. The kitchen designer did say they could paint the cabinets any color I choose from Sherwin Williams. I got so frustrated trying to pick one, that I just choose theirs!

Here is a link that might be useful: Adelphi Cabinets

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

positano- yes I went to the actual place where they are made, they do inset they had a beautiful kitchen done in it as soon as you walk in, where did you go in Nj, I am in Nj as well, would like to look into your designer and place, since you said they were only slightly higher than kraftmaid, I have a 18,000 budget for cabinets and install, and would like the beaded inset stacked on top look, thanks for your help! Michelle

• malhgold
    13 years ago

michelle - where in NJ do you live? I have Adelphi cabs as well.

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

malhgold-clinton nj, I searched under adelphi's dealer locator for nj and only PA came up?

• positano
    13 years ago

I found my kitchen designer here on gardenweb. Someone recommended him and he was really great. Its Wholesale Kitchen Center in Lodi, NJ on Rt 46. My designers name was Mike Delcalzo 973-574-8220. The downside was that he is always very busy.You just have to have patience when waiting for him to get back to you. He doesn't do designs on a computer, they are all hand drawn. We had a very challenging kitchen, with uneven floors and ceilings. He always says its the hardest install he's ever had! And he actually put in all the cabinets too. Really a nice guy.

He sells Adelphi and Kraftmaid cabinets.I'n not sure how far Clinton is from Lodi.This post reminede me that I should send him some pictures of everything finished.

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

positano- I will check him out, my brother is in east hanover off rt. 46, so it should not be a problem, when i go under the adelphi site they don't list him or anyone in Nj as dealers, strange right? Anyhow your kitchen is amazing and I thank you very much for your referal!! Michelle

• malhgold
    13 years ago

I used Mike as well and everything Positano said is accurate. He's very busy, but he's a great guy and very patient. I think I drove him crazy, but he never seemed to mind.

• positano
    13 years ago

I think I drove him a little crazy too Malhgold! I agree that he really is a super guy and knows his stuff.

Michelle, tell him Paula sent you. Good luck and keep us posted!

• nco_nj
    11 years ago

I live in NJ too and my kitchen designer only works with Adelphi. It's great to hear all of the positive reviews. I have an older home so I need custom cabinetry. Does anyone know if these cabinets use particle board or plywood? I'd love to see pictures of your kitchens too. thanks!

• wendyeve
    10 years ago

I installed custom Adelphi cabinets about 8 years ago, and absolutely love them. They are stained Aspen style on Maple wood. They have worn very well. I'm also in NJ and went through Norman Epstein of Native Wood in Teaneck. He's a gem. I am actually doing another project with him and Adelphi cabinets.

• wendyeve
    10 years ago

I installed custom Adelphi cabinets about 8 years ago, and absolutely love them. They are stained Aspen style on Maple wood. They have worn very well. I'm also in NJ and went through Norman Epstein of Native Wood in Teaneck. He's a gem. I am actually doing another project with him and Adelphi cabinets.

• wendyeve
    10 years ago