Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The cabinets are coming! The cabinets are coming!

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 18:58

TOMORROW morning!!! I'm excited, anxious, and a little queazy all at the same time!!! I'd better love them! If I know myself it may not be love at first site, but it would be great if I am wrong!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The cabinets are coming! The cabinets are coming!

One if by land and two if by sea! Yippee!

o

Soooooo exciting! Keep us posted!

o

Woo hoo! I'll be checking back tomorrow after I vote for pics. :)

o

I can't wait to see them!

o

can't wait to see...please post pics!

o

We have been waiting for this for a long time... So looking forward to. Not bunnies, but perhaps the next best thing! Very excited, oldbat2be

o

How exciting!!! I vote for pics!!! ;-)

o

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

pics when they arrive and open the truck. pics when they carry the first one in. pics when......ok, you get the point.

Cannot wait to see them!

o

Can't wait to see your beautiful yellow kitchen take shape!

o

So exciting! Make sure you post lots of pics tomorrow night, missy!

o

Yay! Now I can look forward to pics of your beautiful cabinets after I get home from work! Much more exciting than just the lines at the polling place.

Hope you love them!

o

Yes, we need pics....woo hoo.

o

That's so exciting!! It seems like we've been waiting so long to see them. ;)

Lots and lots of pics. Or else.

o

LOL! This is such a group kitchen, Fishies! We are all as excited as you are! Can't wait to see the pics and your first reaction! Wheee

o

I just found a picture of a darling yellow kitchen yesterday and I thought of you, wondering what was going on. Thanks for the update and yes, post pics!

o

I know you are excited! I went through those emotions last week :) Can't wait to see pics!

o

OK!! They are here! And so far I love them!!! No longer worried about the yellow. I was scared that when the yellow came through the door I would be blinded but not at all!!! LOVE the color : )

o

Well, the rest will be put up tomorrow but here are some photos to get started
: )

DSC00126

DSC00127

DSC00130

DSC00134

DSC00137

DSC00138

DSC00139

DSC00141

DSC00142

DSC00145

DSC00146

DSC00148

DSC00149

DSC00150

DSC00154

DSC00156

DSC00157

o

They're gorgeous! I love the finish on those cabinets. What is the upper with the beadboard back going to be?

o

Wow, they are awesome! There sure is a lot of light in your kitchen...the yellow you chose looks perfect!

o

OOOOooo! They look beautiful! How exciting! I'm excited and it's not my kitchen, lol. Wow, those really look well-made. Just lovely and the yellow is perfect. Nice.

Keep those pics coming...

o

OMG, even better than expected! They are just lovely, Fishies. :D

o

Lovely! The yellow is beautiful and I really like the details, your kitchen is going to be gorgeous!

o

Ohhhhh Myyyyyyy

Can you stand it? They are just.so.gorgeous. Have you left the kitchen since they arrived?

o

Oh yummmmmmyyyyyy!

Ack .. hurry up and finish! I can't wait!

o

2littlefishies --

Your cabinets are gorgeous beyond belief!
The yellow is perfect and sets off the white so nicely.
They are everything we have all been dreaming of for you
and then even more.
I can well imagine how delighted you are.
I can't wait to see how it all progresses.

(I'm so glad that after 8 days I got my electricity and internet
back so that I can see your pictures.)

o

drool-inducing!

o

Beautiful, gorgeous, lovely and wonderful! I have been so looking forward to seeing your plans come to life.
The yellow is just perfect, soft and warm. Yum.

o

The fretting over just the right yellow paid off! The color is gorgeous! As is everything else about your cabs. I can't wait to see the rest of the install tomorrow.

Here's hoping your adrenalin subsides a bit tonight so you can sleep. I remember those days....

o

That is the OTY, and it is set off beautifully by the white. I cannot wait to see this kitchen unfold. Oh my gosh.

o

fishies, so pretty!! your kitchen is going to epitomize charm!!

o

I read all your other posts and have been waiting to see your reveal. Looking fabulous so far. It's definitely worth all the thought and effort you put in to it. Your yellow and white kitchen might just become the new standard here on GW! The One True Kitchen! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen.

o

Oh, so beautiful! And the details with the feet and the beadboard and the furniture-like floor finish on your end cabs are fabulous. You must be over the moon. Can't wait to see it all finished.

o

From what I can see, definitely the 'right' yellow, hooray!

o

They're beautiful and the quality looks superb. You must be bursting with pride. Where did you put the small corner cab with the walnut top? Can't wait to see more!

o

OMG... they are AMAZING! so gorgeous. I love all the special details at the corners and the valances, etc. etc... you put so much time and attention into this and it shows! Can't wait to see how it comes together which I am sure will be absolutley spectacula.

o

Fishies---it really is the PERFECT yellow! You must be soooo happy. Can't wait to see more!

o

fishies-they are amazing! They look like they are made so beautifully! love the detail on the door panels, it's so different from what i usually see-makes it extra specal! Can't wait to see more tom.! try to get some sleep, u must be so excited!

o

No guts, no glory. You had the guts to do a yellow kitchen, fishies, and now you get to live in that spectacular kitchen! Even when everything's at sixes and sevens, I'm utterly smitten by your kitchen.

o

I'm in love already with your kitchen, imagining eating a big slice of vanilla cake with lemon chiffon icing!!

Beautiful!!!

o

Big smiles. Gorgeous!!!!! More big smiles. Having just had my cabinets installed two weeks ago (though I still can't use my kitchen....) I can tell you you won't stop smiling for a long time. It's so gratifying to see all your thinking and planning come together as you envisioned.

o

Thanks, everyone! There is still much work to be done but I am very happy with the cabinets! The yellow did intensify as the sun started to go down but still is a beautiful color. I am pretty sure we'll be fine on that front. DH likes them a lot so that's good sign!

marti8a- That beadboard spot is just open shelving for some of my accessories. I actually wish that spot was bigger - it's 36" - but I didn't want the cabs on either side to be too small.

linelle- that is my organizational spot. It is to the left of the future banquette bench. There will be cabinetry above. There is another 4' spot to the right of the banquette- for a sinkless bar area with fridge drawers below.

I really appreciate all of your positive comments. I will post more pics as things progress ; ) Thank you ALL for helping so much with this kitchen!

o

Oh, those are fantastic! The yellow is perfect. And the crisp corners on the end panels and the way the corners go from rounded to square are great. Try to get some sleep so you can take some more pics tomorrow!

o

These are beautiful! that one shot of the cabinet in the sun is perfect (3rd one down). I am looking forward to seeing the whole installation. Great job.

o

Your cabinets make me smile! Lovely Fishies!

o

Those are heart-stoppingly beautiful. Can't wait to see it all finished.

o

Oh wow!!!!!

o

Finally, darn puter let me see the pictures!!

Those are SSOOO pretty!! I LOVE yellow!!

Nancy

o

Finally, darn puter let me see the pictures!!

Those are SSOOO pretty!! I LOVE yellow!!

Nancy

o

Very nice, I will be following to see the progress!

o

Sweet!

o

The yellow , the yellow so pretty !

o

Gorgeous!!! Congrats to you!! Can't wait to see all of the pieces of your beautiful kitchen come together. :)

o

They are gorgeous! I love the yellow with the white. Such pretty colors!

o

So what color IS that yellow? I like that it actually is yellow (not cream), but not screamingly so.

o

catbuilder- It is BM Barley. It is a "touch" off from the large chip I have but barely so. (Of course, I had to check and obsess about that) lol

o

Fishies - that is looking tremendous!!
Love the milky yellow color and you are making great progress - do you have power?

o

I will simply note that it's been an entire day and no new pictures. You are slacking there LittleFishies. Get busy!

o

They are just beautiful! Love the shade of yellow with the white. So happy for you!

o

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

You must be thrilled! Keep the pics coming!

Cheers,
Katie

o

I think Barley has come through for you...

o

Thanks everyone!!! Unfortunately a few of the pieces were missing some corner details (I didn't even get a chance to notice) so they had to put them back on a truck back to PA to be fixed. Hence, no new pictures. : ( We're supposed to get them back on Friday.

I'll be sure to put up some more photos when they go up!

katieob- What finish is on your walnut & do you like it?

o

Wow! So glad I checked back on the GW to see your cabinets! They are beautiful. I cannot wait to see the doors! I was going through some magazine clippings yesterday and there was your inspiration kitchen. I had it pulled out of the magazine and with it were pictures of the rest of the house where that kitchen is located. Let's just say that it is GORGEOUS!

I will keep checking in to see how it looks! The yellow is so dreamy. Makes me rethink my choices.

o

Yes! It is beautiful indeed. I am glad for you that you, unlike I, fretted over the exact right shade of yellow!

Could you remind me which yellow you went with? :-) I may want to steal it for my wall!!

o

Thanks p.ball- Was that a recent one? I have the original Traditional Home it was in. I think it was from 2004? I forget now.

Angie- It's BM Barley. 199. It does vary in intensity with lighting, but I do love it. I may have cut it back a bit (in some lighting) but I try not to let myself go there as that's not possible! lol I love it most in full sun!

o

LOVE YELLOW !!!!

o

LOVE YELLOW !!!!

o

p.ball...it's not too late....

o

Here are some more from yesterday and tonight : )

DSC00161

DSC00162

The wall cabinet to the right of the hood has to get painted white inside for glass door.
DSC00164

DSC00166

DSC00171

DSC00174

DSC00175

DSC00177

DSC00178

DSC00180

DSC00181

DSC00183

DSC00184

DSC00185

DSC00186

o

Looking real good. Look at all that storage! One thing, about the island.... it looks like it has overhang on both long sides in photo and only on one side in the other photo. What is that about?

o

Never mind. I think it is an optical illusion, in a good way.

o

Looking good! I'm so excited to see what it looks like with all the drawers, I can't imagine how excited you must be!

o

Oh, it just glows!! I love it! Can't wait to see the doors!!

Nancy

o

donaleen- Yes the island has an overhang on 2 sides. It's just the photo : )

o

Fishies - it is all coming together. Beautiful and subtle - loving it so far!!

o

Sniff, sniff, it's so beautiful...

o

Lovely and beautiful. And. I think this seems like the worlds fastest kitchen remodel. It seems like just a few weeks back you were wondering about colors and now the cabs are going in? Not that that's a bad thing, :)

When are the drawers and doors going on?

o

Really deedles? lol We started with the architect over a year ago and kitchen design started last fall. I just took MONTHS to choose a yellow! lol
Our renovation started July 1 so we are on 4 1/2 months without a kitchen. I feel like it's been FOREVER! ha! : )

o

Four and a half months without a kitchen? That is a long time. Oooph.

I bet it goes fast now.

o

Yes, the kitchen was a galley and we pushed out the back of the house 7 feet, removed a couple of walls, moved the basement stairs, vinyl sided the house, built a new porch in the back and some other minor things. It was a big job (for us anyway). We were supposed to be done at the end of October but waiting for the cabs held us up. Hopefully by December 1st! : )

o

The floors look really good with the Barley.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here