Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

The cabinets are coming! The cabinets are coming!

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

TOMORROW morning!!! I'm excited, anxious, and a little queazy all at the same time!!! I'd better love them! If I know myself it may not be love at first site, but it would be great if I am wrong!

Comments (80)

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

fishies, so pretty!! your kitchen is going to epitomize charm!!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

I read all your other posts and have been waiting to see your reveal. Looking fabulous so far. It's definitely worth all the thought and effort you put in to it. Your yellow and white kitchen might just become the new standard here on GW! The One True Kitchen! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen.

• taggie
    11 years ago

Oh, so beautiful! And the details with the feet and the beadboard and the furniture-like floor finish on your end cabs are fabulous. You must be over the moon. Can't wait to see it all finished.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

From what I can see, definitely the 'right' yellow, hooray!

• Bunny
    11 years ago

They're beautiful and the quality looks superb. You must be bursting with pride. Where did you put the small corner cab with the walnut top? Can't wait to see more!

• mamadadapaige
    11 years ago

OMG... they are AMAZING! so gorgeous. I love all the special details at the corners and the valances, etc. etc... you put so much time and attention into this and it shows! Can't wait to see how it comes together which I am sure will be absolutley spectacula.

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

Fishies---it really is the PERFECT yellow! You must be soooo happy. Can't wait to see more!

• michelle16
    11 years ago

fishies-they are amazing! They look like they are made so beautifully! love the detail on the door panels, it's so different from what i usually see-makes it extra specal! Can't wait to see more tom.! try to get some sleep, u must be so excited!

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

No guts, no glory. You had the guts to do a yellow kitchen, fishies, and now you get to live in that spectacular kitchen! Even when everything's at sixes and sevens, I'm utterly smitten by your kitchen.

• AnnaA
    11 years ago

I'm in love already with your kitchen, imagining eating a big slice of vanilla cake with lemon chiffon icing!!

Beautiful!!!

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Big smiles. Gorgeous!!!!! More big smiles. Having just had my cabinets installed two weeks ago (though I still can't use my kitchen....) I can tell you you won't stop smiling for a long time. It's so gratifying to see all your thinking and planning come together as you envisioned.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone! There is still much work to be done but I am very happy with the cabinets! The yellow did intensify as the sun started to go down but still is a beautiful color. I am pretty sure we'll be fine on that front. DH likes them a lot so that's good sign!

marti8a- That beadboard spot is just open shelving for some of my accessories. I actually wish that spot was bigger - it's 36" - but I didn't want the cabs on either side to be too small.

linelle- that is my organizational spot. It is to the left of the future banquette bench. There will be cabinetry above. There is another 4' spot to the right of the banquette- for a sinkless bar area with fridge drawers below.

I really appreciate all of your positive comments. I will post more pics as things progress ; ) Thank you ALL for helping so much with this kitchen!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Oh, those are fantastic! The yellow is perfect. And the crisp corners on the end panels and the way the corners go from rounded to square are great. Try to get some sleep so you can take some more pics tomorrow!

• enduring
    11 years ago

These are beautiful! that one shot of the cabinet in the sun is perfect (3rd one down). I am looking forward to seeing the whole installation. Great job.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Your cabinets make me smile! Lovely Fishies!

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Those are heart-stoppingly beautiful. Can't wait to see it all finished.

• Linda
    11 years ago

Oh wow!!!!!

• springroz
    11 years ago

Finally, darn puter let me see the pictures!!

Those are SSOOO pretty!! I LOVE yellow!!

Nancy

• likewhatyoudo
    11 years ago

Very nice, I will be following to see the progress!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Sweet!

• lalithar
    11 years ago

The yellow , the yellow so pretty !

• bellajourney
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!!! Congrats to you!! Can't wait to see all of the pieces of your beautiful kitchen come together. :)

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

They are gorgeous! I love the yellow with the white. Such pretty colors!

• catbuilder
    11 years ago

So what color IS that yellow? I like that it actually is yellow (not cream), but not screamingly so.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

catbuilder- It is BM Barley. It is a "touch" off from the large chip I have but barely so. (Of course, I had to check and obsess about that) lol

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Fishies - that is looking tremendous!!
    Love the milky yellow color and you are making great progress - do you have power?

• taggie
    11 years ago

I will simply note that it's been an entire day and no new pictures. You are slacking there LittleFishies. Get busy!

• sis2two
    11 years ago

They are just beautiful! Love the shade of yellow with the white. So happy for you!

• katieob
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

You must be thrilled! Keep the pics coming!

Cheers,
    Katie

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

I think Barley has come through for you...

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone!!! Unfortunately a few of the pieces were missing some corner details (I didn't even get a chance to notice) so they had to put them back on a truck back to PA to be fixed. Hence, no new pictures. : ( We're supposed to get them back on Friday.

I'll be sure to put up some more photos when they go up!

katieob- What finish is on your walnut & do you like it?

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

Wow! So glad I checked back on the GW to see your cabinets! They are beautiful. I cannot wait to see the doors! I was going through some magazine clippings yesterday and there was your inspiration kitchen. I had it pulled out of the magazine and with it were pictures of the rest of the house where that kitchen is located. Let's just say that it is GORGEOUS!

I will keep checking in to see how it looks! The yellow is so dreamy. Makes me rethink my choices.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Yes! It is beautiful indeed. I am glad for you that you, unlike I, fretted over the exact right shade of yellow!

Could you remind me which yellow you went with? :-) I may want to steal it for my wall!!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks p.ball- Was that a recent one? I have the original Traditional Home it was in. I think it was from 2004? I forget now.

Angie- It's BM Barley. 199. It does vary in intensity with lighting, but I do love it. I may have cut it back a bit (in some lighting) but I try not to let myself go there as that's not possible! lol I love it most in full sun!

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

LOVE YELLOW !!!!

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

LOVE YELLOW !!!!

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

p.ball...it's not too late....

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here are some more from yesterday and tonight : )

The wall cabinet to the right of the hood has to get painted white inside for glass door.

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

Looking real good. Look at all that storage! One thing, about the island.... it looks like it has overhang on both long sides in photo and only on one side in the other photo. What is that about?

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

Never mind. I think it is an optical illusion, in a good way.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Looking good! I'm so excited to see what it looks like with all the drawers, I can't imagine how excited you must be!

• springroz
    11 years ago

Oh, it just glows!! I love it! Can't wait to see the doors!!

Nancy

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

donaleen- Yes the island has an overhang on 2 sides. It's just the photo : )

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Fishies - it is all coming together. Beautiful and subtle - loving it so far!!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Sniff, sniff, it's so beautiful...

• deedles
    11 years ago

Lovely and beautiful. And. I think this seems like the worlds fastest kitchen remodel. It seems like just a few weeks back you were wondering about colors and now the cabs are going in? Not that that's a bad thing, :)

When are the drawers and doors going on?

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Really deedles? lol We started with the architect over a year ago and kitchen design started last fall. I just took MONTHS to choose a yellow! lol
    Our renovation started July 1 so we are on 4 1/2 months without a kitchen. I feel like it's been FOREVER! ha! : )

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

Four and a half months without a kitchen? That is a long time. Oooph.

I bet it goes fast now.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, the kitchen was a galley and we pushed out the back of the house 7 feet, removed a couple of walls, moved the basement stairs, vinyl sided the house, built a new porch in the back and some other minor things. It was a big job (for us anyway). We were supposed to be done at the end of October but waiting for the cabs held us up. Hopefully by December 1st! : )

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

The floors look really good with the Barley.