Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

lucretzia please read ques. under your pics-anyone know oxford ca

michelle16
13 years ago

I saw her pic. they are amazing, I saw she bought tile in Nj, I am in Nj, anyone heard of oxford cabinet shop? thanks, Michelle

Comments (12)

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Does anyone know if lucretzia used Jacob fisher- oxford cab. shop in PA, amish? her cab. are very nice,thanks

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks beekeeperswife! did u use him as well, if so happy?thanks, Michelle

• robinson622
    13 years ago

Hi Michelle,

I'm using Jacob, and the cabinets are being made. I first visited them last year. They have a small showroom and many samples of doors. My cabinets will be the same as lucretzia's with out the bead and with dove white paint. Jacob and his son Jacob Jr. both worked with me to make the kitchen I envisioned. Any phone calls that were made by me were returned the next morning if not the same day. Sometimes it's difficult because you do a lot of the details by mail, which only takes a day or two from NJ. I sent pictures of a vanity from restoration hardware and they had no problem making that for me. I decided to visit them after seeing "repaintingagain's" island.

The kitchen should be installed in December. I can't wait to see how it turns out! I recommend them to all of my NJ friends. You can't beat the workmanship and price for custom maple cabinets with maple, not plywood, boxes and all of the upgrades.

Good Luck!

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

robinson- thank you, can't wait to see yours, please post pictures, while I am alittle afraid to do something like this, just feel safer going to a showroom, I don't think I will get everything I want for 18,000-20,000, so I will def. look into this! Thanks, again, Michelle are you also in NJ?

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

michelle,

I didn't use him. Neighbors did when they wanted to match existing cabinets they already had in their kithen. He did the original cabinets for some of the houses in our neighborhood.

• robinson622
    13 years ago

Yes, I'm in south jersey. 15 min. from AC. My cabs are costing 15,000 including delivery & installation - not tops. Kitchen is 15 x 15 L-shaped with a 7 x 4 island with seating. I'll be glad to help with any other questions.

• chicken1020
    13 years ago

Michelle, I am also going to be using Oxford Cabinetry. He does have a small showroom on his farm. Have plans when you go and he'll mail our a quote within a few days. His cabinets really are beautiful and the price cannot be beat.
    Aileen

• kngwd
    13 years ago

robinson622 - would you mind sharing how many cabinets you are getting for that price? I am near Michelle and it's a hike out to Jacob, so I don't want to waste anybody's time if the price will be out of line with my budget! Thanks in advance!

• robinson622
    13 years ago

Ok...I'll try to keep this organized. I have mostly drawers. I don't have many upper cabinets, because I have 3 windows along the sink wall, and I have a 7 x 7 pantry.

To keep it simple:

I have 23 drawers total. 17 on the perimeter and 6 on the island (microwave and trash are in the island). I modeled my island after katieob, only hers is a bit longer and wider than mine.

9 upper cabinets - 3 corner, and 2 on either side of range hood, which is very similar to lucretzia's but smaller, above fridge and a couple others - under sink and next to fridge.

1 hutch type cabinet 54" tall that sits on the counter with 10 lite glass.

Lazy susan in corner.

They are all inset cabinets with exposed hinges on the doors. Drawers are full extension with soft close. I have a utensil drawer on the island, and a cutlery tray next to the range. A double trash pull out. I would have had spice pull outs, but because the space between my fridge and my range would have been only about 24" with the spice pullouts, I decided to forgo that and have a 36" stack of 3 drawers next to the range - thanks to advice from people on this forum.

Everyone on GW was so helpful with helping me plan my ideas. I can truly say my kitchen and my home will be 100x nicer than I would have ever done on my own.

• robinson622
    13 years ago

Oh...I forgot extra large crown moulding. I think there's more, I just can't think of it right now. Oh yes, I have tray dividers above the refrigerator, and in a bottom cabinet for my vertically challenged self.

• scrappy25
    13 years ago

Hi Robinson622, Lucretzia doesn't seem to be on the forum anymore to answer questions so could you answer some questions for me about oxford cabinets?

1. Specifically, since they do not design, how do you figure out all the details? For example, Lucretzia had a stepped pantry design, the wood hood, the corbels under the sink cabinet, the different heights to accommodate the different ceiling heights?
    2. Did you give them all your appliance specs before they made the cabinets? Did they also install the refrigerator panels and the hood insert or did your contractor do that?
    3. Is the paint color one of their standard choices? It is so lovely and calming.
    4. Did you have too drive there every time with plans, or is there a way of faxing information in? It is a little hard to contact them since the phone availability is limited.

thank you!
    Nancy