Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me choose my sink!

Posted by lovetogarden_oak (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 18:54

Hi, GW-ers!

I need help choosing sink.

After nights of reading Gardenweb, visiting websites from galaxytools to overstock, to franke, etc., I finally came up with a "short list" of possible sinks to go into our 33" sink base.

We are looking for an undermount, single bowl, tight radius, no holes, stainless-steel sink with rear drain, those cool drain lines at the bottom of the sink and sound deadening. It can be 16g or 18g. The sink depth can be 8-10". DH is 6'4" so I am keeping in mind we will need a sink grid if we get the 10" deep sink.

Here's my list (not in any order of preference):
Elkay Avado Undermount Sink EFRU2816
BLANCO PRECISION MicroEdge Super Single Bowl 516201
Julien J18 - 025 807
Julien J7- 003 919
Kindred KCUS303A ( do they still distribute in the USA?)
Franke PSX1102710
Kraus KHU100-30

The Ticor sink with the tight radius doesn't have a rear drain, that's why it's not on the list.

I really don't even know how to choose other than by price at this point. I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish though. I would like to love my sink since it'd be a PITA to change out once installed, unlike a faucet :)

Kraus looks great and the price is right. It seems like many in the GW community likes it, too. My concern is that it's pretty new, unlike the "old" ones like Franke, Blanco etc. So, I am a bit leary of the quality even if the reviews have been very positive.

My marble fabricator said that the only difference between the cheaper high quality sink and the more expensive ones are the quality control. Yeah, I can see that.

You all have perspectives and experiences I don't have yet in kitchen reno. Please help me choose my sink!

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me choose my sink!

We've had the Krauss sink for just over a year now. Excellent quality, love the size. It's a 16 gauge sink, so the thicker stainless steel. Bonus: it comes with the grid. I don't think you could go wrong on this, providing this is the style and material of sink you want.

o

We love our Julien 0-radius sink if that helps.

o

Thanks, suzanne1 and cat_mom, for your responses! Glad to hear that you love your sinks!

I went to Pacific Sales today to see if there's difference in the "feel" of SS sinks of the various brands on my list. They all feel smooth (duh!) However, there wasn't a single sink on my list that was on display, so I didn't know how exactly each of those sink on my list look or feel.

We will have a divinity white kitchen cabinet with a statuary vein countertop. Would the SS color and finish be something I should be considering?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here