Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogarden_oak

Help me choose my sink!

lovetogarden_oak
11 years ago

Hi, GW-ers!

I need help choosing sink.

After nights of reading Gardenweb, visiting websites from galaxytools to overstock, to franke, etc., I finally came up with a "short list" of possible sinks to go into our 33" sink base.

We are looking for an undermount, single bowl, tight radius, no holes, stainless-steel sink with rear drain, those cool drain lines at the bottom of the sink and sound deadening. It can be 16g or 18g. The sink depth can be 8-10". DH is 6'4" so I am keeping in mind we will need a sink grid if we get the 10" deep sink.

Here's my list (not in any order of preference):

Elkay Avado Undermount Sink EFRU2816

BLANCO PRECISION MicroEdge Super Single Bowl 516201

Julien J18 - 025 807

Julien J7- 003 919

Kindred KCUS303A ( do they still distribute in the USA?)

Franke PSX1102710

Kraus KHU100-30

The Ticor sink with the tight radius doesn't have a rear drain, that's why it's not on the list.

I really don't even know how to choose other than by price at this point. I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish though. I would like to love my sink since it'd be a PITA to change out once installed, unlike a faucet :)

Kraus looks great and the price is right. It seems like many in the GW community likes it, too. My concern is that it's pretty new, unlike the "old" ones like Franke, Blanco etc. So, I am a bit leary of the quality even if the reviews have been very positive.

My marble fabricator said that the only difference between the cheaper high quality sink and the more expensive ones are the quality control. Yeah, I can see that.

You all have perspectives and experiences I don't have yet in kitchen reno. Please help me choose my sink!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)