Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We are so close and yet we are a month late

Posted by ck_squared (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 18:49

We finally see the end of this very long tunnel which started over a year ago with the initial planning.

Demo was end of August. We were scheduled to be done end of October (of course, I knew that wasn't going to happen).

Everything is done except UCL and OCL, island pendants, shelves in pantry, paint in closets and mud room, paint touch ups and final coat on the flooring. It was really a main floor remodel but the kitchen was the big thing.

As everyone seems to agree, and though some of us (me) don't ask a lot of questions of the board, we do gain much knowledge from all of you; professionals and amateurs alike.

So a big THANK YOU to all who unwittingly helped me during my search for information and helped answer questions (both asked and not specifically asked by me) throughout our process.

Now here's a little sneak peek:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We are so close and yet we are a month late

Very nice! What's your countertop?

o

We started our Reno the end of June and we are winding up, by Thanksgiving, but it will be Christmas before all is moved back into the house.

Love the cabinets!

Karen

o

Is that a soapstone countertop? Those cabinets look spiffy! :) What are you planning on for the backsplash, if any?

o

Thanks, chrissy. The photo does not do the counters justice. They are Fantasy Brown quartzite.

karen - I hear ya! I don't expect we'll be completely moved in until Chrismtas either. And I'd love to be able to host one or both families this year.

Roberta - The backsplash is in the photo leaning up against the wall. It's a glass tile, all one color, variegated size.

o

GORGEOUS!! And a real tease of the very cool looking uppers. Can't wait to see your final reveal, it looks like it will be spectacular.

o

Not hosting any family other than those that hang out here everyday anyway!

Doing Bob Evans takeout Turkey feast on Thanksgiving. Might do the same or Der Dutchman for Christmas! :-)

Karen

o

Beautiful cabinets and counters! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen! BTW, what are your pulls? They are just what I am looking for.

o

What a teaser photo, but enough to tell it's going to be very beautiful indeed. Congrats on being functional by the holiday. That was my wish but alas not to be.

o

Beautiful teaser. Cabs are beautiful

o

Thanks, everybody! We're really excited about the space.

legallin - the pulls are Richelieu 873, 228 mm in Brushed Nickel.
We originally loved (and still do) the Richelieu 8160 but when we got the sample home, thought it looked too wimpy with our cabs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to pulls

o

Don't you hate the anticipation? The gas got plumbed in for my cook top yesterday, but no cook top install. I am beyond sad that I am so close and can't cook this weekend.

o

Oh that looks gorgeous! Love the b/s tile. Do you need the phone jack there? It is easy to move some things around before the tile goes in...I wish I had.

o

Your cabinets and counters are beautiful! I also like your pulls. Thanks for posting.

o

You've given us a couple of other glimpses of those gorgeous walnut cabinets. I can't wait for your reveal!

o

I have serious Brown Fantasy envy.

At bookclub, the hostess had this quartzite in her kitchen, with white/cream? cabinets. I had never come across the BF, even though I had gone to same granite yard where she found hers a few years prior. IRL, it is so pretty.

o

Bookworm - funny story. We had seen this FB quartzite back in August when we looked at 4 different stone stores in one day. This was at the first place we looked. But I didn't love it so it didn't register with me until a month later when I saw it again at a nearby stone store.

Loved it there. Told my GC about it and he told me to go back to the first place (which was also his fabricator, btw). I made the drive (45 min. drive vs. 5 min. to the nearby store), saw the stone and loved it! By choosing that shop, we saved $$. It really does look so much better in person.

o

CK

I am sure your kitchen will look great.

What color is your BS? Hard to tell from the picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here