Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marble hex tile with grey

Posted by mabeldingeldine (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 18:30

Cross posted from Baths, but you TKO people know tile!

We are midway through our bath reno, rapidly approaching the tub surround redo, and I have yet to find an accent tile I like to go with glossy white square AO tiles, white beadboard wainscot, gray walls, and butter yellow painted vanity.

We are now thinking about 1" marble hex mosaic or maybe 1" squares. I'd like to find some with a lot of gray, does anyone have suggestions for where to find some? I'm in rural Maine and tile stores are few and far between, so online shopping is preferable!

Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marble hex tile with grey

Have you googled 'marble hex tile with grey'?

o

I have *not* bought a large amount of tile from these people so you may want to research them, but just last week I ordered some hex samples and already have them. The last time I ordered tile on line I called the company and talked to them to get a feel for what I was dealing with. Everything went just fine with that order and that was done through an eBay seller.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Center Online

o

this is a link to a 3" hex, but if you look at the link, scroll down you will see other options.

call them and ask them for exactly what you are looking for if you don't see it. I have dealt with this company for a few years, lots of luck. Very reliable.

Here is a link that might be useful: mission stone's basket weave tile

o
dag nabit

sorry, that link wasn't supposed to say "basket weave". GW filled that in automatically and I missed it until I hit "submit". ugh.

o

i ordered some ming green marble mosaic from this place called mosaictiledirect.net (through ordering samples on ebay). they were not super-responsive at emailing for tracking info, etc, but I got everything on time and as promised. I thought the quality was pretty good and prices were quite good. might be worth checking out. they have quite a selection of marble mosaic tiles.
good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: mosaictile direct website

o

I ordered a sample of 2" hex tile from this company. It looks really good! and a great price. I also ordered a sample of the herringbone and haven't decided which I'll go with but whichever - I will order from these people because of the price.

Here is a link that might be useful: the builer depot

o

thanks for these links, all! I will be ordering samples asap

o

Not sure if its the right size but I saw some marble at my Home Depot today.

o

Here is a pic of a small bath in my house. the shower has the same hex tile with white subway. the floor is grouted gray. i got my tile from builders depot about four years ago. haven't had any issues.
i think the one thing that might be throwing you off is the butter yellow vanity...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here