Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
liriodendron_gw

UK Wood-fired Cookers + bunnies, especially for Lavendar Lass

liriodendron
11 years ago

I rarely start threads but this link was too good to leave out.

Laughable and Lavendar's comments on Laughable's recent thread caused me to re-canvas the world of wood-fired cookers.

That lead me to this English company (they will sell in the US, in case you want one) which makes AGA-style but not AGA-branded English cookers, at least one of which is fueled by wood.

The Gallery link provided what I hope is a treat for LL: Bunnies and a wood-fired cooker. (The Bunny tiles may be available separate from the stoves). You will see kitchen chickens are still popular in the UK.

The cookers are pricey (@ a bit less than 6K pounds in the UK); who knows what here. But if you were looking for a modern (as opposed to my mid 19th c Stewart) wood-fired range with sophisticated design and clean-burning, wood combustion-technology you might want to look at these. They are DEFRA-certified so usable even in the most-restricted central London air quality zone.

One intriguing thought I had was that combining this range with a domino of induction burners, and maybe an electric speed oven would provide a very interesting combo if you also had solar panels and a source of wood ..........(or so sez the gal with panels and a woodlot) Very flexible and completely renewable fuel sources, unlike my current propane range. Hmmmmm.

Enjoy!

Liriodendron

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood cookers and wabbits (a bit slow loading, but worth it)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!