Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pretty crude representation..but.....

Posted by overwhelmedInCanada (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 18:00

Please tell me I'm on the right track. Do these colours "go"?? new to this..out of my element...the one decision finalized is the cabinets.."cappuccino" maple cabinets. Oh..we are also set on quartz countertops..maybe Cambria New Quay or Lincolnshire.

PS..love these forums! What a find! have been browsing for days..but feeling overwhelmed and intimidated by all the gorgeous work!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pretty crude representation..but.....

I love the colors but I think the countertop is a bit busy for that backsplash. Maybe a solid color quartz instead or a quieter backsplash if you love the patterned quartz?

o

Hi! Thanks! That makes sense..and we do have a small kitchen..so that probably makes it worse. Would definitely do a quieter backsplash..not in love with solid quartz.

o

And if I'm not on the right track...please tell me that too..lol like I said..nothing set in stone other than cabinets..oh and SS appliances ..any specific suggestions for the quartz? Going with Cambria.

o

Is that a decent representation of the color of your floor? I would have concerns going with a dark floor with dark cabinets.

o

Well it was what we had in mind..but absolutely open to suggestions...we were aiming to match the ceramic tile with the darkish laminate we have in the adjoining hallway...but your thinking makes sense..I have to keep reminding myself not to go too dark with everything...

o

You can google ' dark floors and dark cabinets gardenweb' and there are several threads with pictures you can look at. It would be better if you had an actual picture of the cabinet door plus the floor sample instead of a rendering.

o

Thank you..I did the search within the forum for dark cabinets..that was helpful and probably where i found the pics that inspired what I have so far! I will work on getting better pics up by the weekend..

o

So...are there any basic guidelines...a magic formula..to follow? Like...the countertops should be two shades lighter than the ? If the ? Is darker than the ? Anything at all? Even just generally speaking?

o

no magic formula really...

dark floors will show dust faster, more... and if you have a dog it needs to match their shedding fur...lol!

I do agree that a busy counter needs a very, very plain BS.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here