Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I finally did it!

Posted by momand3boys (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 17:41

After a hiatus of two years, I finally signed my contract this morning! Woohoo! Started two years ago and just couldn't get it all put together for the price I wanted to pay. But now with a bigger budget and a lower interest rate :-) finally did it! Will post pictures as it happens. Hopefully the kitchen guys will start the beginning of January!

Just to give you a taste...Dynasty Plainfield in Cherry with Nutmeg finish. Cambria Brecon Brown countertops. Tile floor (can't find the slip with the name, sorry). Using existing black appliances, although may have switched to sst if we knew we would be buying more than a new fridge, as we now need a dishwasher too. Will be adding cabinets along an empty wall and changing out the tile in the entryway and 1/2 bath. Adding recessed lights. And two new bath vanities. Going to wait on the backsplash until eveything is in, but did pick something I hope will look good. Thinking of Silgranite Performa, and haven't picked a faucet yet. Hopefully next weekend.

Only posted a few times on here but I got so much valuable information from everyone's posts. I could not have figured it all out with out GW. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I finally did it!

Congratulations! It sounds like you have all your ducks in a row, which is very important in a renovation. I'm learning the hard way!

o

Congratulations! What a big, exciting step. Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row. Here's hoping the process goes smoothly.

o

Thank you. I hope it all goes smoothly. I ended up with the very first kitchen store that I went to. I wasn't crazy about the guy that came out the first time to measure. But this second time I ended up having one of the co-owners work with me and everything just fell into place. I think because I had so much more knowledge than when I started. But I also realized I needed to increase my budget to get everything I needed done. Everyone else just tried to work around my budget and left out ceiling work (hideous flourescent light removal) and all lighting and sink and faucet.

But the best part was finding the cabinet color that I wanted so quickly this time around. I just couldn't settle on the color with the previous kitchen place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here