Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scrappy25

installation of Kohler Stages - again- using included clips?

scrappy25
9 years ago

Hi, I've posted questions about Stages 45 sink installation before and bbtrix showed her wonderful installation with wood supports.I havn't gotten anywhere with the contractor on the wood supports ever since the countertop installers sent a video showing that they would drill holes in the underside of the soapstone and use undermount clip supports instead. The countertop company is Stonemasters in Kennett Square PA which has great reviews and I know that beekeeperswife had the Stages 33 mounted with clips by Stonemasters into her quartzite.

Only today did I notice that that the Stages 45 sink clips require 3" clearance around the sink

I have standard 24 inch deep cabinets that have 3/4 inch walls , yielding 22.5 inch space front to back.
The bowl of the Kohler Stages 45 sink is 17 inches front to back, (18.5 inches if the lip is included).

There is there fore NOT ENOUGH ROOM in a standard 24 inch deep sink cabinet to have 3 inch clearance both on the front and back of the sink (17" +3"+ 3" = 23 inches, more than the 22.5 inch space available between the front and back walls.

Can the clips be turned on a diagonal to take up 2.75 inches clearance front to back instead? That would allow everything to just fit inside a 22.5 inch cabinet space. Alternatively can smaller clips be used? I have looked at other Kohler installation pdf's and it seems that 2 inch clearance for their clips is more standard so perhaps there is a reason for the 3 inch clips on this sink.

I'm sort of stuck right now because the contractor wants the fabricators of the countertop to deal with the sink installation and their method is the undermount clips which seem to be too big for a standard cabinet.

Any ideas on what to do?
I have another thread on fitting in tip outs and faucet around the sink that I posted before realizing that the clips require 3 inches clearance. I am going to leave that thread for now.

thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stages 45 sink specifications

Comments (6)