Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caseykees

Cabinet doors opening too far

caseykees
9 years ago

How do I keep the two cabinet doors that meet in the corner from hitting the other when you open it? The ones to the right of the window. I don't remember this being a problem before I put on the new doors, but it has been so long since I had doors, I had a hard time remembering which way they went even.
Thanks for the help.

Comments (11)

• mays802
    9 years ago

I agree. Hinge restrictors are the best. They stop the cabinet door from opening too far so the opening can be less than 90 degrees and not hit the other door.

• eam44
    9 years ago

"but it has been so long since I had doors..."

I know the feeling. Third vote for hinge restrictors. Enjoy your doors!

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh thank you so much! I found the blum clips, but I am unsure if they will work with my blum hinges! I do not have the Blumotion hinges (got them from Barker when I ordered the doors), just the standard hinge I think? Do I have to get new hinges too?

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

Caseykees, I have the same question. I have Medallion soft close hinges and would love to find a compatable hinge restrictor clip. But all I seem to find are the Blum ones. Anyone know if they work on non-Blum hinges? Or are there other hinge restrictors that I am missing?

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

I have a hinge restrictor on my corner cabinet. It looks like a narrow gauge cable and almost invisible unless you are looking for it.
    I do have Blum but not sure who makes this little piece

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Barker's website says the hinges are Blumotion.

Your doors look great! What did you decide for the lower cabs?

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't think my doors look too great up close LOL But it was the best I could do :)

I am doing the bottoms in BM Wrought Iron. I have asked my DH to withhold judgement on that until AFTER the counters are installed. I ordered that 2 1/2 weeks ago and he said it would be about 3 weeks, so I am hoping he calls anytime now to set up installation!!

We are also replacing the floors with vinyl plank in hickory. I plan on doing that thanksgiving weekend. DH has assured me he will tear out our old floor. I got a couple estimates and for everything EXCEPT whatever flooring we chose, I thought the prices were sky high. Too high for what I wanted to spend right now. But I do want it replaced. But I consider it a 5 year floor. I'd like to do the kitchen, dining and hallway all in the same flooring someday. Just can't afford it right now.

My walls are BM Sweet Innocence. Uppers are painted in cabinet coat supposedly tinted BM Chantilly Lace, though it is not the same Chantilly Lace as my gallon of Aura, I don't think.

It is slowly coming together. :)

• mays802
    9 years ago

I have hinge restrictors on my Medallion cabinets. They are very small little metal pieces (smaller than my pinky nail) but I do not know the name of the company that makes them. I asked that they put in on several of the bigger doors even if they weren't hitting anything. I didn't like the way the cabinet swung so far out and was bouncing around after being opened. The hinge restrictors really helped.

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I ordered the hinge restrictors yesterday and they shipped today, along with new hardware for my lower cabs for after I finish them!

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

Caseykees, do you mind telling where you ordered them from?