Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reneestauffer

I pimped my stove

reneestauffer
9 years ago

I appear to be a one-issue poster. It's really only that I become a bit obsessive about one problem at a time ;)

I posted the last couple of days about wanting a vintage stove, and having to live with my boring white 12 year old Kenmore. Everything on it is white except the grates.

After thinking about what makes vintage stoves vintagey, one of the main things that struck me was the chrome. I thought about spray painting the handles chrome, but was worried about them getting easily scratched and dinged, since you apparently can't spray on a clearcoat.

So, what I did today was take my stove apart and give it a really thorough cleaning, and spruced it up with chrome automotive pinstriping. I love it!! I put the pinstriping on the handle, behind the knobs, vertically on the knobs, across the top of the drawer, and across a funky curved part at the top. The picture kind of stinks, but you get the idea. I'll take better ones when the new kitchen is in. Still need to pick up some white touch up enamel for the bit at the bottom of the door where the paint flaked off.

Oh, and the best part was it cost me $6! Woohoo!

Comments (12)