Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Residual Water in Sinks?

Posted by CT_Newbie (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 17:22

Just wondering if it is normal to have some residual water in the sinks. I'm not talking about right around the drain. There are some large pools 2-3 inches from the drain toward the left of the farm sink. Is this a function of being hand made?

Also, there are two pools closer to the front of the Elkay sink maybe 3-4 inches away from the center. The faucets just got installed so it's not as if we could check when the sinks were installed. There's no obvious grading to my house but is there a subtle one? Or is that just the way sinks are. I don't recall this problem at my old house but I'll check.

To compound the problem, I like to use sink grates so it's not as if it will be easy to clear the bottom of the sink with a sponge because each time I will have to lift the sink grates.

What, if any, solution exists?

Thanks!

This post was edited by CT_Newbie on Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 17:24

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Residual Water in Sinks?

Place a 4' level in an "X" fashion over your sink and check front/back and side/side. If it's level, spray some Countertop Magic in your sink. It makes water bead nicely and that may help.

o
RE: Residual Water in Sinks?

OK, I will see if I can locate one or ask the contractor. They're sort of done for a while until my hood comes in or I pick a backsplash. I vaguely recall seeing levels when they were installing the cabinets.

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here