Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to sell a vintage kitchen copper range hood

Posted by MeekosMom (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 17:05

HI, I am not sure if I am in the best forum, let me know if I am not. I just remodeled my kitchen and am wondering what the heck to do with a very large vintage range hood. It's a big piece, so I don't want to throw it in the landfill-87"x24", black metal with copper accents. Do you think anyone would want something like that-it seems so random. And if it could be used, how would I go about letting people know I have it (I don't think this would be a hot item on Craiglist LOL!) There's so much remodeling going on here in Dallas-it's sickening to think of all the debris from tearing kitchens out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to sell a vintage kitchen copper range hood

Try Restore, of Habitat for Humanity, or Freecycle

o

Yes -- Habitat's Restore would be a good thing. There is one down here in the Houston area. It will have a limited market with that size, but it would be smashing in the right space. Hope it finds a good home.

o

Wow. Beautiful! Why are you taking it out, if I may ask?

o

I don't know if I can even ask this on here, but what sort of price are you wanting for it? You can email me the price. I am not sure if my email is in my personal information. If not, I will put it in there.

Thanks,
Shannon

o

I think it's stunning!

I would absolutely Craigslist it (we sold an entire kitchen we took out on Craigslist a few years back) and I would also put it on eBay - local pick up only.

Good luck - if we were at the beginning of the process and lived close to you I would buy it - it's such a statement piece!

o

Thanks for the ideas everyone! It'such an unusual piece, needs a big kitchen!

Deedles: We are totally changing the kitchen design to more a Traditional/touch of contemporary feel. The original kitchen was finally showing its age, and being empty nesters, wanted an "adult" kitchen. So we gutted and redesigned a large kitchen, laundry room and bar area. Two islands, lots of outlets for plugging in laptops, Flat Screen, and a trifold glass door leading out to the backyard patio. I will put up pictures soon, its almost done.

Lousiana Purchase: would be glad to email you and see if you have any ideas too! Hard to figure out a price.

Habitat store, I think there is one in DAllas.

Robenkitchen-great idea about Ebay and saying Local Pickup only, I didn't know that was an option. Makes sense. I'll try Craigslist too.

Garden Web was a huge resource for picking stuff out for the remodel. Everyone is so helpful and insightful.

o

I had two copper hoods and could not get anywhere near their value so I took out the guts and placed them upside down in my garden and used them for planters; they look great and people driving by often stop and comment about them. that black and copper one would really make a statement or it could be a room divider planter.

o

I live in a mid century modern home and just removed a built-in can opener and replaced it with two outlets and a light switch as that section of the counter had no outlets and no place to plug in appliances. the problem is that the wall is formica and I wondered if anyone can figure out what I can do to cover the hole around the outlet. no plate is large enough and just patching it would not work. I want to keep the formica for it is so mid century modern and want to retain the integrity of the home.

o

OT, you can buy covers that connect together at most HW stores. Or run a google search for the size you are looking for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here