Return to the Kitchens Forum

o
Please post pictures of your counter-tops

Posted by laurenfounder (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 1, 11 at 16:51

Searching for ideas...
Please post pictures of your counter-tops.
Thank you all in advance. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please post pictures of your counter-tops

Like this?

It's Kashmir Gold granite

o

Rangetop

Peninsula with Carrara

Just went in Friday.�

o

From when kitchen was in progress:

o

o

I love this thread. They're all gorgeous. Can everyone post what they are when they post the pictures. I can't figure out circuspeanut's...copper? concrete? love them whatever they are!

o

Soapstone:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

This is my MILs kitchen, but I've not seen Palladio granite represented here as of yet.
Photobucket
Lighting is horrible as only the pendants and under-cabinets were on.

o

whups, sorry, yes they are copper!

o

ex kitchen:

new:

Turns out I don't hate tile. Love the drip edge. Don't like anything brown that isn't wood, though. (That would include the cabinets. Not wood!)

I will definitely consider tile for a remodel if I can pull off a metal or Corian sink with it.

o

Circus has copper. They are BEAUTIFUL!

I have Arborite (laminate) counters in the Black Grit pattern

From Finished counter

o

calaCATta marble...

Photobucket

o

All who have the white and white/grey counters... does the granite stain if you drop some tomatoe juice or spices and don't wipe immidiatly?

o

Caramello granite

granite

o

Part of one of mine is Bardiglio marble. It won't get an uncleanable stain from tomatoes but it'll etch. Not all that much of a concern with the blobby pattern and honed finish. If etching doesn't bother you, many of the marbles hold up to stains pretty well.

Get some samples of everything you kinda like and cook and chop and pour on them before you tear out your old kitchen!

o

@fori: thanks for the input most of the fabricators where i am push for granite over marble in terms of durability. I like the look of marble but don't want to have a dingy countertop after a year of use.

o

Babushka--LOL!! That might just be my fav pic of your little man. When I see him with your marble I hear "aaaaahhhhhhhh" in my head. Soothing.

My marble above is 4cm honed Carrara marble. Yes, it will etch, but the honing helps hide it. Staining shouldn't be an issue with the good sealers on the market now.

o
Super White quartzite

Babushka, your counters are beautiful!

I have super white quartzite, it will etch if acids are left on a long time, but after almost 1.5 years only have one little etch mark by the sink. If you wipe of when a spill happens no problems... Also, honed is much more forgiving - mine is polished

From Kitchen before and after

From Kitchen before and after

o

White Alaska/Delicatus- unstainable so far.
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

hi lauren..

I love seeing counters..each are beautiful in their own way...I also have Delicatus White "Alaska"..I've had mine a year and a half..no staining at all..
Photobucket

KA:)

o

Soapstone:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Dreams Do Come True!
Luis Blue:
Photobucket
Peninsula
Photobucket
Sink Corner

o

Not finished yet (backsplash to be installed soon!)...
Crema Bordeaux granite.

Photobucket

o

Ours is called Copper Gold (but I think it must have some other name - it looks nothing like the Copper Gold pictures on Google).

Photobucket

o

I love when these threads come up. Makes me want to do about 5 more kitchens so I can have some of each please.

o

We have pewter, dolomya marble and hand hewn cherry. very cumbersome to post on iPad, so I will try one at a time

Photobucket

o
REre: Please post pictures of your counter-tops

Photobucket

o
RE: Please post pictures of your counter-tops ....

Photobucket

the cherry

o

Golden Crema granite (I've also heard it called Delicatus Gold and Crema Romanzo)

o

I don't think anyone mentioned yet (and I think it deserves mentioning) that Circuspeanut installed those copper counters as a DIY project. Gorgeous!

Funny, Babushka Cat. Love that marble. What type of backsplash tiles are leaning against the wall?

Prill, your soapstone and backsplash are so pretty. What type of backsplash do you have?

Mtnrdredux - I am drooling over each one of those counters. I LOVE them all!

I also have Alaska White granite, installed at the beginning of June and inspired by Kitchenaddict's. Here's mine:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Here is one I have now. Sienna Bordeaux is the name of this granite.

Photobucket

o

Caesarstone Champagne Limestone and butcher block.

o

old picture of in progress kitchen - typhoon bordeaux

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

@kitchenkrazed09: Hah thats exactly what my kitchen is going towards if i end up getting granite. White Delicatus w white subway and light pearl white cabs!

This delicatus granite has a lot of variety in terms of more black and sometimes less black... i know the "glass" chunks in the granite don't translate well in pictures but when i saw it in person i was very impressed.

o

24 year old Corian in the original Almond color. I like its simplicity.

Photobucket

o

Honed jet mist (aka virginia mist), before backsplash:

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Babushka_cat, love your countertop! What is the name of the marble you used for your countertop and what color white are your cabinets?

o

Pudgy baby.....where did you get your gray outlets ? White will stick out on my gray and tan granite...

Cienza...I am getting same cabs and grayi/tan granite like yours......what floor are you using?

Everyone's stone is absolutely gorgeous.....sure hope mine turns out as well...hard to imagine when you're looking at a slab....

o

Blue pearl granite, but you can also get black pearl,white pearl, and emerald pearl.

Photobucket

o

Impala Black or sometimes called Black Impala.

Jodi-

o

Stainless
_MG_1027

and Quartzite Bianca (or Luce di Luna)

_MG_8728

Quartzite Bianco

o

Jmith - It is such a pretty stone, with a lot of depth. I love the bits of mica and the sections that shimmer like ice.

o

Bianco Antico, lots of brown, creams, cinnamon rivers, and mica that looks like diamonds....I can't find some of my better photos... but here is the island

Photobucket

here's a photo taken during the tile installation...(you can see the arabesques before the grout)
Photobucket

o

thanks all for the positive comments on my counter. as some of you know, this is counter #2 due to fabrication issues so this was a long fought battle to get to this point!

i can't take credit for the calaCATta - was done originally by az stone - i just shamelessly appropriated :)

re: questions about my marble: it is calacatta marble. i was told where i bought it that the color is not typical of a calacatta as it is very warm with a lot of coffee colored swirls and not as much grey as it would typically have. i loved the coffee swirls even though some could consider the non-typical nature as a negative. i fawn over it every day. i have not yet moved back into the kitchen (still microwaving on a folding table in the livingroom) so i cannot yet speak to durability.

regarding selecting marble for a kitchen: i really tried not to like marble (was my favorite from the outset) given the issues raised on this site and elsewhere but after doing an exhaustive assessment of the alternatives and testing marble at home i came back to marble. i am the jeans/wrinkled linen who uses antiques in day to day living type of person who is a good fit for marble. also note i am a single professional so putting marble in my kitchen is perhaps an easier choice than if it was for a large family with a bunch of kids. i also considered the white quartzites but they were too grey for me and given they too were susceptible to etching, i decided why not get marble then!

my cabinet paint color is benjamin moore simply white in the advance line, satin finish. backsplash tiles still under assessment, cannot report that on that selection yet.

-babushka

o

Oh I love this thread. I love it all, from corian to happening marble to stainless steel. I am so hopelessly TKO now. How did this happen? Ridiculous.... Is this a permanent change or will I ever get a life back?

I've found it very challenging to adequately photograph my countertop. Please forgive me for posting a zillion pictures, but I'm trying to get some reasonable pictures and it's just not easy to capture the colors and movement. I'm happy to delete redundancies or failures, just let me know...

OK, this is pretty self-indulgent, I know:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Hey, Lauren - I keep waiting for you to tell us what you were looking for. Whatever you had in mind, it resulted in a really cool compilation of lots of different kinds of counter tops. Did you just want to see what different things looked like in place, or was it the counter arrangement itself? Something else?

Just curious, that's all.

o

Aliris, yours is just so fun. Love limestone too ( i put it in all 3 bathrooms :). Thanks for all the pics!

o

Jmith - It is such a pretty stone, with a lot of depth. I love the bits of mica and the sections that shimmer like ice.

o

Blue In The Night Granite.
It's hard to capture with a camera but, there are occasional flecks of blue mica distributed throughout the stone.

o

What? No laminate?
Please, if you have a countertop of laminate or another non-stone, please post it! I would love to see what others have done in that regard.

o

I want to see that amazing recycled-glass stuff. Is it called Terazzo? Something like that. And definitely what I would have gotten with infinite pockets ... actually, dunno, maybe not at that. Still, I really would love to see it if anyone's got it. (It's probably "laminate", though not in the sense its often used here).

o

Joaniepoanie - If you look in the lower edge & lower right edge of the photos, you'll see glimpses of the flooring. It is bland, pale, neutral ceramic. Oddly, up close, the tones show peach & grey, but next to the cabinetry, it reads beige or ivory. I used white grout instead of beige to tie in with the white baseboard. Color is arbitrary.
Aliris19 - your rain forest is drool-worthy! It's easy to see from your photos that you really enjoy it! Gorgeous!

o

Kashmir white
Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Aliris, lovely granite. Is that a round table, too? Or peninsula?

Has anyone done zinc?

o

Such beautiful kitchens!

kitchenaddict, would you mind providing info on your backsplash?

o

Great countertops!
I'm also curious to know what Lauren is looking for.
We haven't heard back from her since the original post, have we?

o

Bianco Romano
Photobucket

o

hi lauren..

I keep coming back for the photos, and saw a question for me..Hope you don't mind if I answer it...

hi psims..

BS is Crema Marfil Tumbled Marble..

KA:)

o

Kitschy -- I think of that as an island but technically it's a peninsula. On one end is a wall that goes to the ceiling so I guess that makes it an island, but you can walk right around the thing like an island ... it's an islula.

If you click on the photos I bet you'll get over to my photobucket and you can see the layout of the kitchen better. It's suppose to be the shape of a piano.

I *wish* I had not put stupid ogee edges on my islula. Still not a day goes by I don't rue that decision. Just tossing the whine out here for anyone contemplating form/function. Many, many claim the function is not impaired for them by the swirly edge, but this is not my experience; and I hadn't really contemplated taking any functional hit at all, so that's mostly what I want to do by whining -- raise consciousness to this as an issue to contemplate in advance.

o

kellied-if you look above, you will see my post which has laminate.

o

Sorry for the hijack...

Joaniepoanie: They're from lutron. We actually had them painted to match the backsplash later.

Here is a link that might be useful: lutron outlets in colors

o

Someone asked for laminate, so I'll give you laminate. This is Wilsonart Mystique Night (I think) with a beveled edge. If it looks a little old-fashioned, it's because I did it years ago. The cabinets, floor, appliances, etc. came with the house, but I had to change the hideous countertop. Even my dad, who never notices anything like that, commented on how ugly it was. Wish I had a before picture.

Photobucket

o

Emerald pearl

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Soapstone

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Ubatuba gold

o
RE: Kitchen #2

My current house, a rental. I'm not sure what the granite is but it's a lovely warm color.

o

mmm-mmm - some good-looking countertops here!

leela4 - what kind of soapstone do you have? It looks great in it's natural state. (I'm guessing it's unoiled?)

o

here's mine...
island...Statuary Marble
Photobucket

and the perimeter... Engineered quartz

Photobucket

o

My island and perimeter is Chroma Quartz by Pental in Sterling Polished.
Photobucket

There a lots of little tiny silver flecks in it.

Nancy

o

My honed Black Pearl Granite counters look like asphalt!
That's what I get for having last minute cold feet about soapstone
and second-guessing my original desire for Caesarstone Raven or Cement.

But they are super functional. And they feel great on my hands.
And, I guess not everything in the kitchen need to be pretty,
or should be pretty.

Honed Black Pearl granite

Honed Black Pearl Granite

o

Love seeing all of the gorgeous counters and kitchens. Mine is Madre Perla (Mother of Pearl) quartzite - no staining or etching, it has been tough so far.

D - another kitchen view, stone is Madre Perola quartzite

o

Lake Girl- Thanks. The name of our soapstone is "smoke", which I don't see very often. And yes, it's unoiled.

o

Sorry, Francoise -- I *love* your black counters; black but not-black - so much inside...

o

My camera is not great...or maybe it's the user. Here are pics of my Quartz Cambria Canterbury. I LOVE IT.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Mine is Delicatus Brown. So beautiful I find something new about it everyday. There's so much mica and "bling" as my DD says with lots of caramel swirls.

Photobucket

o

Our photos look grayish, but it's really a very deep green with light green swooshes and some maroon/rust. Our knobs are the same granite.

verde esmeralda.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

In my next kitchen i will get the same marble babushka_cat has...LOVE IT!
That countertop is drop dead gorgeous

I'm also turning into a soapstone fan...so many beautiful countertops on here

o

Wow...love kitch2011 with that beautiful Sierra Bordeaux countertop ..looks great with her stove !

and bostonpam's typhoon granite..to die for.
I had that granite on my wish list too

o

I just posted my Vermont Verde counters on another thread. Anyway here they are.
kitchen

Counter next to sink

o

These are all just beautiful! kalapointer... your marble reminds me of my soapstone! Can you please tell me about your backsplash?

o

Those counter tops are not marble, they are serpentinite. Much different than marble, they do not etch or stain and are very durable. We wanted soapstone, but we couldn't find any here that we liked. The back splash is from Pratt and Larson, out of Portland, in their water color collection. They are 3x6 subways and bring out all the green in the counter tops. I love it.

stovetop

o

We were out all day Saturday, from 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM. I had separation anxiety from my rainforest counters. There is so much to see and such subtle color. This winter, when everything is dull and gloomy, my kitchen will have trees and rivers and rocks and little colored things.
Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: my counters

o

Our counters aren't in yet since our house is still under construction, but we're putting in Hanstone Specchio White quartz:

We love it because it uses recycled glass and mirror. There's lots to look at close up, but in context, it just looks clean and bright. I have abused our little sample mercilessly and it's cleaned up every time--even with turmeric!

Someone was asking about vetrazzo. I know someone on GW installed it, but I can't remember who. It's beautiful, and it's what we originally wanted. We ended up with the quartz choice for the easy maintenance, but here's some cool pictures of vetrazzo.

There's more pictures at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: vetrazzo

o

Great post - keep the pictures coming!

o

I started out to get granite in my modest kitchen update, but we ended up getting mesquite counters. I love how warm and welcoming they are.

o

Just plain Bianco Romano.

o

I think this is my favorite GW thread of all time.

And -- funny, true story -- as I was perusing it just now I was running through in my head how I could post to it ... then I came across my own post. I honestly have zero memory of having seen this before. And yet ... I think it's my "favorite"? What does this mean? Easy to please I guess.

Oh my, and this goes on ... I saw kitschy's question and decided to respond to it, making several points all of which, I realized after having written it I already made above. My goodness. This does not bode well in the memory department.

o

What the heck...I now have a new kitchen and also a new counter. Might as well post the counters here! lol

The island is 10'+, estimated to weigh over 950 lbs. I have Super White.

DSC_0012

Here are the counters in place:

DSC_0037

DSC_0039

DSC_0033

o

Concrete counter top, poured in place, hubby and I did ourselves. Kitchen not finished. All DIY, even cabinets.
S

o

Island with Azul Bahia ganite, prep sink

o

I thought I already did a post here. Guess not! An in progress shot. Two different kinds of granite, a little butcher block and a stainless table.

Peninsula

o

I have polished White Macaubus quartzite on the island and leathered absolute black on the perimeter:

o

aliris-fear not-it just gets worse ;-) (wait until you start giving your friends the most perfect gift for them-that you have already given them)

I was going to respond to your post above (from Nov.) anyway-love your counters, and I ALWAYS feel self-indulgent when I post ANY picture of my kitchen. But what better place to stoke that inner TKO . . .

o

And I also forgot to say (see?) that I love seeing all these counters! They are all beautiful in their own way.

o

Leela -- what gets worse? ;)

o

Just completed the kitchen remodel this weekend. Zodiaq cloud white quartz DuPont, Hirsch Glass Corp, JewelStone Mosaic Series backsplash

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA Ramsjo Kitchen Remodel

o

Love my leathered Magma Supreme!
Photobucket

o

Leathered Antique Brown on Island
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Leathered Yellow Nile Silestone on perimeter counters

o

Cambria New Quay Quartz...

o

Love, love, LOVE our brushed black pearl (and love this thread)!
Deborah

From Kitchen Renovation Before During After

o

white macaubus quartzite

o
RE: closer

White macaubus close up

o

New Venetian Gold.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

o

Madre Perla/Mother of Pearl:
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

It's nice seeing the backsplash choices for the different countertops too :)

o

Here is ours - Moon Night Honed

From STILL not finished kitchen

It has lots of cool texture:

From STILL not finished kitchen

o

Some real beauties out there - as I scroll down, I recognize many of them

Here is our Buckingham - but a terrible camera...
Photobucket

Soon to be out of the ABB club!!

o

Thanks for sharing everyone! Gorgeous counters, all! Pipdog, I love the Madre Perla combined with your backsplash. What BS did you use? It's a beautiful combination with the stainless.

o

we just finished our remodel. My granite Giallo Ornamental. I thought it was a fairly common granite but I don't see any pics of it in this thread...or maybe it's so common no one uses it anymore! LOL

o

Covelano marble. Just installed.

o

Taj mahal quartzite:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Typhoon Bordeuax. Still no BS! Please show me yours! :)

o

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

o

My countertops are verde peacock. It is also considered a common or stock granite but since no one else has posted a picture of it I will.
This close up shows the blue/green splotches that I love.

From a distance the granite reads almost black

o

Vsalz - what kind of stone is that? It is gorgeous, I love it.

o

Late to this party, but thought that wood was under-represented. This is my pecan countertop from Devos:

Confess I'm loving the 'Jet Mist' granites, though I went in a completely different direction.

o

I have Costa Esmeralda granite. A very neutral green/gray
From Positano's Finished Kitchen

o

Thanks, ginzing. My backsplash is staggered white onyx.

o

Typhoon green granite, inset butcherblock cutting board

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hey Badgergal -- you have a "piano-shaped" island too!!!

o

Photobucket

o

Namibian Gold
Namibian Gold granitePhotobucket

o

SE ME. My countertop is a quartzite. They call it fantasy brown here in Utah.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

o

Everyone's countertops are so beautiful and it's great to see all of the different ones in real kitchens! You all have great taste!

o

Here are pictures of our two quartz countertops.
Loving this thread but it leads me to wishing I could have a few kitchens, each to satisfy a different style! :-)

Silestone Lyra on the island:

Silestone Zirconium on perimeter:

o

Verde peacock

o

Verde peacock

o

rainforest green serpentine marble
Aliris-Is it the same as yours?

Photobucket
color 4

o

60 - yup, we have the same, but yours is from a "greener" (and softer) part of the mountain (it's in India, in Rajasthan I believe). The difference in color between my pictures is a function of the photography not the stone. It's all pretty much that darker shade. I believe I've seen yours in the stone yards and it is quite a bit lighter in color, and also with fewer wild tangents, if you will...which from a fabrication standpoint is a good thing. It's hard to cut the stone with those big changes in quality that happen in the veins.

o

Ceasarstone Raven Counter
Trikeenan tile

o

I've never seen mine here (or anywhere on the internet) so I'll add it to the mix. It is leathered kodiak brown. It is similar to antique brown or marron cohiba, but it comes from Quebec and has a smaller, more uniform grain to it. From it distance it reads solid black, but up close you can see some interesting texture.

Island

Granite close-up

o

What an old thread! Notice the OP never returned....

Since DuPont's Zodiaq quartz has not been mentioned I'll add mine.

Galaxy Black

For all those who want to do another kitchen to use a different stone I have one word...

BATHROOMS! ;)

o

Black canyon - silestone

o

This was so much fun to read for someone new to the forums and browsing through old posts and searches. So inspirational!

o

calacutta quartzite

o

calacutta quartzite-aka- white macubus

o

Black Pearl granite. No backsplash yet.

o

Cambria Darlington

o

Our counter is Giallo Ornamental ... Sink is silgranit in cafe brown.

o

Eureka Danbury Marble

o

Photobucket

Photobucket

White diamond aka Bianco antico

o

crema bordeaux. still haven't decided on a backsplash:

o

crema bordeaux. still haven't decided on a backsplash:

o

Bumping this thread up because it's a great compilation of various counters in real-life kitchens.

o

Shareher I'm looking at that same quartzite. It's beautiful. I was wondering what color your cabinets and island are painted.

o

Love love love this topic. Your kitchens are amazing. Looking for pics of stainless; particularly of stainless with white cabinets and beadboard backsplash... Have you ever seen this combo? Any ideas would be awesome.
Again truly amazing kitchens!!

o

What a great post. What a treat to see so many lovely kitchens. Thank you all for posting!

o

I love this thread as well. It is so hard to envision a counter top based on even a 12 by 12 sample so these pics are invaluable.

o

The elusive recycled glass!
 photo 02-R80_2458_zps307ca497.jpg

o

Majra--how long have you had your counter? Any problems? It's really pretty!

o

Joaniepoanie, the counters are brand new so the only problem I've had is that I can't stop staring at them. ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here