Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dickinson Sink Owners--What GD hardware did you use?

Posted by fran123 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 16:50

Thanks to all of you who have posted on the topic of farmhouse sinks and faucets, etc. I have read and reread all the posts and ended up ordering a Dickinson (k6546-4u) sink and Waterhouse faucet set (in Antique Brass).

What do fellow Dickinson sink owners do about garbage disposer flanges? Kohler seems only to make one GD flange and stopper for this sink (k-11352), but I don't really like it because it lacks a strainer and there's limited choice of finishes. I would love to be able to match (more or less) my Antique Brass hardware.

Can we use any GD flange on the 8-inch deep Dickinson or must we use the extended flange types such as those required for the deeper fire clay sinks? Has anyone paired their Dickinson wth a non-kohler GD fixture? What about a basket strainer?

Many thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dickinson Sink Owners--What GD hardware did you use?

My GD came with the flange that works just fine, sso I have an extra Kohler, because I thought, as did the salesperson who originally ordered my sink. It comes with the GD!

Nancy

o

Oops--of course my first message should read "...I ordered a Dickinson sink and WaterSTONE faucet set..." and, thank you, Karen. Maybe I should open up the GD box and see if I have a useable flange, too. I became worried when my plumber confidently proclaimed a regular-size flange wouldn't work with my Dickinson apron sink.

o

Fran- you will love the waterstone faucet - thought I was going to have to look up another faucet style- lol

We do not have a Dickinson sink but did buy an after market flange for our blanco sink to match our waterstone faucet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here