Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchenkrazed09

Can anyone recommend made-to-order tiles?

kitchenkrazed09
12 years ago

Some of you may know I have had some recent backsplash trouble, where the bullnose trim pieces I've ordered have not matched the color of the field tiles. I am looking into made-to-order tile companies that make the entire order at once, so everything is glazed with the same dye lot. I would prefer bright white crackle tiles (but am starting to think of other options).

I am waiting for a sample of the white crackle made by Status Ceramics. I also looked into Subway Ceramics. They have beautiful tile, but it's a little too creamy for my crisp white cabinets. (Although I may end up with them if I can't find anything else.)

Does anyone know of other made-to-order companies? Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)

• Fori
    12 years ago

Pewabic and Motawi, although they are both pretty earthy and might not be perfect anyway!

• palimpsest
    12 years ago

Heath has a very good reputation, makes several whites. There is a certain amount of variation in their tile as well since they are hand made, but rather than a distinct mismatch between your field tile and your bullnose, the variation would be throughout the lot

Here is a link that might be useful: Heath

• shaughnn
    12 years ago

Sonoma Tilemakers, Handcraft Tile, Artistic Tile, McIntyre Tile, are some that come to mind. Are you local to Seattle? I ask because Status is here and I wasn't aware that their distribution was very broad?
    Shaughnn

• allison0704
    12 years ago

I was the one that told her about Status Ceramics. I originally saw it at a local tile/granite showroom here in Alabama. 6 years ago.

• thepaintedlady_gw
    12 years ago

I had my fireplace tile made by KJ Patterson, it's really pretty and they have a range of colors. The tiles are all handmade.

• Circus Peanut
    12 years ago

If you search back through the forum, member Igloochick had her tiles made to a precise color she wanted. Can't recall with whom, but she must have shared that info somewhere.

• kitchenkrazed09
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, thanks guys for all the great suggestions! No, I am not local to the Seattle area. Allison0704 is indeed the one that tipped me off to Status Ceramics. They have really beautiful tile, but I wasn't able to view the white crackle color, so they are shipping a sample.

I have a lot of good leads. Please keep the suggestions coming! Thanks!