Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please post picture of your backsplashes

Posted by minty88 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 16:36

I am trying to get ideas for my backsplash. The posting on pictures of countertops came out so well, I wonder if anyone would be interested in showing their backsplashes too.

Could you please include the name and color of your backsplash along with the name and color of your grout?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please post picture of your backsplashes

Here's a shot of ours.

Additionally, try a Google search for backsplashes and include the word "gardenweb" in the search.
I've attached one such search result below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Backsplash Thread

o

Thanks Willtv. Your kitchen is lovely. Is your counter black pearl? That's what I have and it looks a lot like yours. But I have toffee maple cabinets. I also want to use subway but something with a goldish hue to it.

I was hoping to see some more current backsplashes. Plus it helps to know the tile name and grout color. I'll do some more searching.

o

Minty, Our counters are Blue in the Night granite. It does look a lot like Black Pearl but has some occassional flecks of blue mica.
The backsplash is Daltile Rittenhouse Square in Arctic White & Black. The grout is Polyblend Bright White.
If you'll go to the Finished Kitchens Blog you'll find all manner of backsplashes.

o

kitchen9-5028

Astral Luna tile with black pencil line. Granite is White diamond aka bianco antico. Keep in mind range is not pushed back into place so may appear a little off. Also not fully cleaned yet but its the best photo I have right now.

o

Here's ours: IMG_0435 Photobucket
The subways are Horus Art Tile (crema) and the mosaic is a custom blend from Oceanside Glasstile.

o

Here's mine. The tile brand is Bliss. It's a glass/stone/travertine mosaic. 3/4" x random length. The color on the box lists it as Ginger.

Grout is Polyblend, mixed with Grout Boost instead of water. Color is Antique White.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Our backsplash is Olympia - Cristalo Collection Light Beige with Creama Marfil.

o

I'm working on mine right now - like literally I need to mix more grout. I've got black pearl counters with green and linen cabs. Hope to post the final with backsplash reveal soon.

o

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sonoma Tilemakers Arch Herringbone, Color: Blanco

Grout is Mapei, Avalanche, #38

o

Minty88, my backsplash is not anything that you would be interested in but I love to show it off and have posted it quite a few times. Here it is once more for whoever might be interested.
The mosaic is a mix of glass, stone and stainless tiles. My tile is from 21st Century Tile. It is called Shamrock Shake. I used Polyblend Nonsanded Onyx Green grout.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And a close up:

o

Ours is a kj patterson tile, 320b-66, grout is mapei mocha. Since this picture was taken, we caulked the bottom edge with a color matched to the grout.

o

Glass subways so the counters are the star.
Photobucket

o

Crema marfil marble subway tile. Grout color is "haystack". Don't know the brand, but I think it's what they sell at Home Depot.

Photobucket

Kit2a

o

I'll represent the "plain" blacksplash. I had grandiose ideas but by the time the backsplash rolled around I had run out of creativity and money. Now, I like the simplicity and how it looks with a pretty active granite (Delicatus). My one regret, which I will remedy at some point, is not taking the backsplash up to the lever of the stainless panel over the stove. Happy backsplash hunting! For many it is the most difficult decision of them all!

They are Crossville porcelain tiles in Empress White in 4" x 12". Can't remember the grout name exactly but alabaster sounds familiar.

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Oldbat2B, gorgeous kitchen and b-splash! How did you get such amazing quality photos? Looks straight out of a magazine :)

o

Walker Zanger Ceramica Alhambra tiles in an assortment of 6 colors. Antique white grout:

o

I repeated the same tile in this kitchen that I used in the last one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beveled Arabesque Tiles in white. From Mission Stone & Tile.
Grout is Unsanded Tec in Bright White
Counter is Super White

o

Gabriella 3x6 "warm white" field tile with Artistic Tile Granada Smoke Glass and Stone Water Jet Mosaic. Can't remember the grout picks off the top of my head.

o

badgergal, that is a great backsplash. Still thinking about what to put in my kitchen but haven't worked it out yet.

o

Here is ours - I have to credit GW for all of the help in my decision making to get out of the ABB club!

Field tile and mosaic from Tile-Shop.com in California
Grazia Rixi Crema
Beach Mosaic

Accent pieces from Malsnee tile near Reading PA
Accent tiles - Impulse deco
Grout Tek Antique white

Photobucket

Photobucket

The medallions are copper colored - but in this light - it doesn't look quite copper
Photobucket

The beach mosaic just fits under the garden window!
Photobucket

Close up of the medallion, field tile and mosaic - with some of the grout choices
Photobucket

And where are the outlets hiding?
Photobucket

Basic plugmold - not industrial - I was chicken and do have 3 outlets on the wall as some GW didn't like them - wish I didn't do any wall mount outlets - but this way, I do have a choice.
Photobucket

o

Another in the "plain" crowd: cream 3x6 matte porcelain (and dirt cheap too after all my kitchen expenses!):

beautiful, functional E'lux induction range

o

I'm plain, too! This is just the cheapy white ceramic subway with white grout. I did get all crazy behind the range, though! (Lol, for me, this constitutes wild and crazy!)

o

I love the bright shine of many of these, but somehow these matte strips won my heart. I still love the look.
The corner under cabinet next to fridge

Photobucket

The color is more accurate in the second picture.

o

Saltillo tile in "Las Vegas" color:
Photobucket

and Saltillo tile in "Alaska" color:
Photobucket

o

I hope thynes does not mind me reposting her beautiful kitchen here, but this is where I first saw the Saltillo tile I used. Here is her gorgeous kitchen with the Saltillo Las Vegas tile:

Photobucket

o

Jeffrey Court Pietra Fire and Ice Quartz (enhanced). I believe the grout is gray mist (sanded).

Photobucket

o

Jeffery Court Wexford

o

"I'll represent the "plain" blacksplash. I had grandiose ideas but by the time the backsplash rolled around I had run out of creativity and money. Now, I like the simplicity and how it looks with a pretty active granite (Delicatus)"
good point Kellie. I'm leaning towards battan or soft white beadboard but who knows ! If I keep reading this thread and Angie's and deedles I might use one of their ideas..

o

I went with aristophanes mural for the still life behind the cooktop.

and I corked the backsplash over the bar and desk area in the kitchen....

o

Jeffrey Court's Quartz Brick Fire & Ice.

Jodi-

o

It's not the best picture, but we went with classic white subway tiles and dolorean gray colored grout. Counters are River White granite.

o

Another quartzite, though not JC Fire and Ice. This is from Lowe's. My counters are black pearl. The grout is Polyblend Butter Cream (Home Depot).

IMG_4329

IMG_4332

Here is a link that might be useful: Lowe's Quartzite

o

Kept our backsplash the same thruout kitchen... They are Jeffrey Court Bellevue 3x6 ceramic tiles in Glacier (part # 519505) purchased thru Best Tile.

_MG_2605

_MG_2626

_MG_2608

o

It's so much fun to look at these... like when boxerpups posts :)

madeline616-love your herringbone, so gorgeous and classic. (Reminds me of what annsch did). Thank you for your kind words. I have a Canon G12 which I really like and a brother who is a photographer who offers tips. (Set it to AV, keep it there, and play with the F-stop).

taggie, I'd love to see that saltillo in person, what character.

nini804 - always love seeing your backsplash. So classic and timeless.

kellienoelle - your bs goes perfectly with your lovely delicatus and beautiful floor.

dragonfly08 - love your tile, shiny, grey, love the contrast with your CTs.

minty88 - sorry for the hijack, good luck!

o

Backsplash tile is Scabos Travertine, Grout color is Haystack

Photobucket

o

I love all these closeup pictures of backsplashes. Thank you all so much!!! They are all beautiful.....

The closeups enable you to really see how people handled different situations.

Nursetammi, did you use a color inhancer on your sabos backsplash or is that how they looked out of the box? Thanks.

o

nursetammi OMG, that is gorgeous and so warm and interesting. I love it. Great job.

So many pretty ones. Love these one stop shop threads : )

o

Here is mine:

Refrigerator/range wall

Close-up of tile

It is ming green small sunflower mosaic from Caledonia Tile in Indianapolis. Not sure of the grout brand, but it is bright white.

o

Jeffrey Court Concerto Border in taupe, 1X2 staggered tiles, 6X6 Crema Marfil honed tiles. Grouted with Laticrete Silk. Counters are Silver Pearl, cabinets are Cherry with a pecan finish.

Good luck! I'm toying with a bathroom design now. The backsplash was the last part of my kitchen remodel because I wanted to live with it for awhile!

o

Wow, what great eye candy in all of these posts! Here's mine, a random marble mosaic to go with Caesarstone "blizzard" engineered quartz counter:

o

Sharonite - I like that! We have Chroma quartz in seashell (white) and dark cabinets. We found an inexpensive glass/stone (marble) mosaic at Costco but DH thought the glass looked too blue. We have now chosen another one that is glass and limestone. It ties in the dark cabinets and grey in the counters. But I do like yours a lot too! Is is only marble? What is it called?

o

Lindy:thanks! the BS is "white statuary calacatta polished, cascading waterfall mosaic". We ordered it from a Tile Showcase showroom in Watertown MA. It's not shown on their website but you can call them to order a sample (www.tileshowcase.com). Note that it varies some from lot to lot so if you order make sure they send you a good pic of the current lot for approval first.

o

Lindy:thanks! the BS is "white statuary calacatta polished, cascading waterfall mosaic". We ordered it from a Tile Showcase showroom in Watertown MA. It's not shown on their website but you can call them to order a sample (www.tileshowcase.com). Note that it varies some from lot to lot so if you order make sure they send you a good pic of the current lot for approval first.

o

Since I was asked about it in another thread, I thought I should post it here too. We have white harlequin tile from Daltile to provide a unique but subtle backdrop to our superwhite stone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I think I love each one! I'm in year 8 of ABB. Anyway, here is my current backsplsh (ie. copper paint over bumpy walls) and my tile sheet that still needs to be installed. Full disclosure, DH hated it so it never got installed. Once we divorced I was preoccupied with other things. Now that I have the time to do it I'm not motivated because in about a year he starts living in the house again and I go to a new house. Yeah, it confuses most people :) (ignore my chubby hand)

o

Hi Minty88, so sorry it took me so long to respond. I did enhance the scabos prior to putting it up. It made it so much easier to clean after grouting.

o

Tierra Y Fuego mixed deco mozaik with terra nova mexican white field tile.

o

spagano, it's beautiful tile, you love it, and (bonus)

"DH hated it ... in about a year he starts living in the house again..."

Isn't that motivation enough? You can live with it and enjoy it for the year you've got. Think of how intensely it will brighten and polish your space - just what you need for a happy fresh start! And a year from now when you-know-who is living with tile he was too ignorant to appreciate, he'll think of you whenever he looks at it:)

o

Here is my backsplash.

o

We went in a different direction than most with our midcentury kitchen remodel. I love all the backsplashes posted here, especially the ones with a lot of dramatic movement, but the larger format and bright blue in our choices is what finally "spoke" to me when we were trying to figure this out. I tested a lot of different combinations of these tiles here on the forum and finally went with a random layout.

o

Resurrecting this because it is a great compilation of the backsplash ideas and concepts. I wish I had been able to see all these pictures before I chose my backsplash. Not that I don't like mine, just would have loved seeing all these creative concepts before deciding.

o

Nursetammi, what is the name of your granite?

o

My backsplash picture disappeared in my earlier reply so here it is again.
And a little closer shot

o

Couldn't resist posting mine. :-)

o

Here is the most recent photo of my DIY backsplash project. All I have left to do is grout and replace the trim.

The tile is Crema Ivory Bamboo: http://www.msistone.com/mosaic-hatches/crema-ivy-bamboo-stone/

o

My kitchen wasn't quite picture ready when this thread went around the first time. We used Hirsch Tile glass mosaic . . . it only went by a #, not a name, sorry.

photo DSCN2151_zpscfa0ad47.jpg

photo DSCN2159_zps1f58c34c.jpg

photo DSCN2160_zps8ec2a098.jpg

o

My only pics are still those taken with an old phone. This wall is a variety of ss mosaics - silver, gun smoke black, copper, and our island has copper. (Can't post 2 straight from ipad, but this gives you an idea of our main backsplash.)

o

Sometimes you have to pair busy with busy. Blue pearl granite with American Olean blue glass mosaics.

smaller version KA mixer pic photo 6d3d918c-1.jpg

o

Don't have much but here is mine.

photo JWH_7350.jpg

o

Mine is a white, black and red cement tile called Neiba by avente tile, bordered by black porcelain mosaic ordered online from HD, with mixed slate from HD and stone tile depot cut in 1 3/4 strips to mimic the size and proportions of roman brick, seen elsewhere in the house. Grout is natural gray from Home Depot.

You can see more in my vintage with a twist kitchen reveal.

o

I'm thinking about using 12x24 tiles. Flipping through the pictures, I'm struck that no one had a backsplash with large tiles. That's interesting...

o

karen belle LOVE LOVE LOVE your backslash.

o

Elongated hexagon in Calacatta marble.

o

This has been great looking at all the beautiful kitchens. I am in the beginning of redesigning my kitchen & looking at backsplash tiles. Y'all have given me lots to think about...keep them coming!
Thanks

o

Spagno,
Think how much joy you'll have once it is intstalled and knowing how much he dislikes the back splash when he moves in and you move out.

o

Mine is pretty plain, but I like the way it goes with my kitchen! Very easy to clean, also! :) I love seeing everyone's pretty kitchens!

o

Southernmum, what is the name of your backsplash?

So many beautiful backsplashes. I am taking a break. I have decided to concentrate on my bathrooms counters for now.

I have finally decided on what counters to put in my bathrooms. I am having new venetian gold granite in my guest bath, cambria new haven in my main bath and cambria tenby cream in my master bath.

As soon as they are in I will go back to the backsplash in my kitchen which has Black Pearl Granite.

I am going to have so much free time when this is all done : )

My house is only 5 years old. But when I had it built I figured I would just put in some laminate for now and then figure out later what I really wanted for counters. Big mistake. I have been wasting 5 yrs of my life trying to make the decisions on counters. When you have no deadline you can really drag it out.

Never again. If I ever build again, I will make the decisions then. It would have been so much easier!!!

Thanks everyone for all the photos of your beautiful kitchens!!!!!

o

Six years after build, still have not done my backsplash. I had been leaning toward green, but just not enough courage or money to go ahead. This may be a silly question, but it looks like most people are using subway or glass tiles and that murals over the cooktop are not as common? I have Uba Tuba with a 3" backsplash and kind of regret not just doing the flat counter look, except for the ease in cleaning these last few years.

o

Wow. Travertine is really feeling left out here. We knew when we installed it that it wasn't the newest/latest thing, but we love it all the same. The blue tiles are from a glass mosaic sheet that we cut up and substituted in for random 1x1s in the travertine. The blues are light/medium/dark in both translucent and opaque.

photo DSC01153.jpg

photo DSC01168.jpg

o

How do you like this backsplash? It is made of tempered glass (virtually unbreakable) with a custom image. Dramatic but really suits the space.

o

I loved looking at all these beautiful backsplashes. Now I'm even more confused on what I'd pick...

o

Suzanne - your mosaic BS is gorgeous! Looks great with the counters which match mine!

o

Tumbled chiaro travertine, enhanced, with glass and stone inserts

o

I wanted my counter to be the star so I have very plain Sonoma subway tile, Ashbury series in Mojave. I also had the 4 X4 and beaded liner in the same color. The accent is Tumbled Honey Onyx. I also had the electrician and contractor move my electrical boxes to the bottom of the back splash so they would not interrupt the flow of the back splash.
 photo 2011kitchenafterandbeers071-1.jpg
 photo 2011kitchenafterandbeers072-1.jpg

o

Green glass subways.

tile 2 photo DSCN0249.jpg

o

I guess I never posted GF's kitchen which we had fun putting together

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here