Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gaggenau vs. Wolf vs. ??

Posted by hmizia (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 16:26

Hello All!

We are remodeling/adding on to an old brick farm bungalow, which means I get to build a new kitchen. Yippee!! I've got the basic kitchen design down, which is fairly clean and simple, and loaded with counter space. Now I need to decide on kitchen appliances. We have the ability to purchase and store these appliances long before the kitchen is built, so I'm able to search long and hard for deals on high performance machines like Gaggenau and Wolf.

I'm curious about thoughts and experiences with these manufacturers when it comes to variable cooktops, especially in counter steamers, and double ovens. I've also come across some interesting looking Bosch appliances.

Thinking about Miele or KitchenAid for the dishwasher. Has anyone used or worked with drawer dishwashers? I love the idea of two stacked, but wondering if it's worth the price.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gaggenau vs. Wolf vs. ??

We had the Viking 6 burner range - it was really nice. With a lot of the top end ones it comes down to the look you like the best -

As far as 2 drawer dishwasher - we had the Fisher Paykel - they may be the ones that originally designed and started it all. It was perfect for us - empty nesters with small loads to run. No constant bending over to load it as well which is really super nice. We mostly used just the top drawer except for big cooking projects.

o
RE: Gaggenau vs. Wolf vs. ??

Thank you Karyn! That's very good insight about the drawer dishwashers. There are four of us, and after the home is finished my MIL will be living with us some, too. Full-size dishwasher it is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here