Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Walnut Tops AND Danby Marble in Today!!!

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

The marble guys are still here-- freaking out. LOVE it so much! I will post pics later! : )

Drawer/Door fronts going in tomorrow! Plumber Monday!! Woo-hoo

Comments (142)

• cawaps
    11 years ago

Okay, you seriously have to have chat with your GC--I think he doesn't understand how many people are being impacted by the delay.

When I saw there were new posts on the thread, I started chanting "Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts!" Literally.

I'm sure I can't be as excited as you, but I'm very (overly?) invested in your kitchen.

Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts! Drawer fronts!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi All---

T H E Y ' R E --- H E E E E R R E ! ! !

(see you in about 7 hours....)

• ghostlyvision
    11 years ago

Wooohoooo!!!

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

I can feel the excitement and so happy for you LittleFishies!

Looking so forward to your reveal.

�

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Fishies!!! So exciting, can't wait to see the pictures tonight!

btw--I did not know that is who you used! That place is so close to us!

• blondelle
    11 years ago

Just stunning! Which version of the Danby is that? I think there are 3-4 varieties of it. That's the nicest Danby marble I've seen!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Imperial danby : ). Thanks!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, here's some quick pics. They are coming back tomorrow to adjust the doors. Also, some things are still missing but this gives you the idea!

There will be paneled refrigerator drawers here...

This will have pocket doors over that middle section...

ISLAND

OK, that's IT for now! I really am so happy but I still have to go around and make a list of anything that needs to be fixed up over the next few days so it's hard to enjoy the positive when I'm looking for negative! lol

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Oh, those are squeal-worthy!!!!

Just bee-autiful!!!

• taggie
    11 years ago

OMG that is completely amazing. I want to touch those beautiful cabinets and open all the drawers. That yellow against the marble counters is to-die-for gorgeous!!

• lalithar
    11 years ago

This is so lovely! So happy for you fishes! What is the first thing you plan to cook?

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Bee, Taggie and Lalitha! The first meal is still up for discussion here : )

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

Breathtaking!

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Beautiful cabinets. I really like the mix of the pulls and knobs - especially the glass knobs. They add just a touch of femininity which goes so well with the marble. I can't wait for the final reveal.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

OOOOHHHH. YUMMMMMM
    It just keeps getting better and better.
    Thank you again for sharing. Beautiful.
    I want to come and open every drawer and pet the inhabitants.
    (Hmm. Maybe that doesn't sound as complimentary as I meant it.)
    I envy you the space and the imagination and the creativity to make this happen.

Did I say OOOOHHHH. YUMMMMMM?

• francoise47
    11 years ago

The prettiest yellow cabinets in the world!

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness! Those are really gorgeous. I love them!

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

More, more, more! I can't wait! I could lick your cabinets. That would be rude, I suppose, but really, I could.

• mommy2nk
    11 years ago

Oh my, your kitchen looks AH-mazing!!! Wow, I am loving every detail I am seeing. I love the buttery look of the yellow, the glass doors, the shiny hardware, oh boy!
    I would love some details on the faucet you chose for your Whitehaven sink. I also will be putting the Whitehaven in my kitchen and am having a time figuring out which faucet to choose. Did you pick the same one as your prep sink, that has a great look to it. Congrats, can't wait to see the big reveal!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

momm2nk- Thanks so much! Both faucets are the Moen Woodmere.

• lalithar
    11 years ago

Fishes - how wide are those big drawers near the small sink? Is that your prep location?

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

unbelievable how beautiful it is. The color is still so yummy every time I see it. I am just in awe! Well done!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

lalitha- They are 42". They were supposed to be half that size but then (after getting positive feedback here) I requested they be one drawer. I think it will be great : ) That is my baking area.

p.ball2- Thanks! I think my months of painting every yellow on my old cabs and pieces of cardboard paid off. Thank goodness I didn't go with some of my other choices. This one is really beautiful. Every now and then in certain light I think I might have done it a little weaker so it would be slightly less saturated but 90% of the time it is perfect : )

• finestra
    11 years ago

Love it, love it, love it, love it!!
    You must be so happy. I love the clean lines, the warm yellow with the beautiful marble! Congrats!

• ghostlyvision
    11 years ago

Truly beautiful!

• huango
    11 years ago

OMG: your kitchen is gorgeous!!!

Is there another post w/ details?
    I saw the one on the diamond mark on the island.

Because I have several questions:
    1. where is your marble seam (from cooktop to sink window)?
    2. what stain (if any) and poly finish on your bb?
    3. where did you get the crystal knobs? what size are they?

thank you very much for your help,
    Amanda

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

huango- You saw the most recent posts. I didn't post details yet.

The marble seam is at the cooktop but not in the center of it. It's about 3" from the cooktop's right edge.
    No stain on the walnut... just Satin Waterlox (first 3 coats are original and last coat is satin)
    The crystal knobs are by Emtek and are 1 1/4".

HTH : )
    Fishies

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Fabulous, Fishies!!! Those counters--all of them--are the stuff of dreams! I'm so happy for you, you certainly waited long enough and sweated enough through this process! And I adore the color of your cabinets. It's perfect with the warmth in your Danby.

Can't ait to see the final, final pics!

Madeline :)

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

the yellow of your cabinets is the most beautiful yellow I've ever seen!

gorgeous kitchen!

• caitlinmagner
    11 years ago

stunning. you picked the perfect yellow. Love your walnut island.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Fishies- I am awestruck! Fantastic.
    I know I was one who convinced you to go 42 inches. Be sure they add extra mounting screws and use the heavy duty(150 lb) glides.
    Weigh your drawer and what you put into it.
    Still working on the final fix for mine.

Now- the part where you will shine to an even higher level if this is even possible! The final decorating- you are so talented in this area!

Usual iPhone goobers. :-)

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Stunning! So comforting! Love your colors, counters, cabinets, hardware - just everything!

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

Wowza! Just gorgeous, as everyone has already said - congrats!

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Oh my so pretty. I am so in love with the color of the lower cabinets. Such a yummy color!

Who makes your pulls? I like the shape of the pulls.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks All! The guys are coming on the 26th to finish. Long story, but not done yet.

firsthouse mp- The pulls are from Renovation hardware... Thank you

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Any update? Do we get to see the refrigerator drawers? The island in its done state? The beautiful sink? Backsplash? We are all waiting for the final reveal and are super excited for you (and for us to be inspired!!!).

• steph2000
    11 years ago

This kitchen is so amazing. I've failed to comment on that out loud, though. So, please know, I've been ooh'ing and aah'ing and gulping and gasping every time I see it.

What's really incredible, to me, is how built-in-place it looks, while managing to be so modern and fresh. It just seems like it has always been there - untouched.

I have kitchen envy!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Almost done! I will put up pics in the final reveal! lol

Steph- Thank you SO much! I can't believe it is actually 98% done and is REAL!!
    Just waiting on backsplash and the banquette install. Probably a couple more weeks!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Almost done! I will put up pics in the final reveal! lol

Steph- Thank you SO much! I can't believe it is actually 98% done and is REAL!!
    Just waiting on backsplash and the banquette install. Probably a couple more weeks!

• hartntex
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

@2LittleFishies. I am about to embark on my own Imperial "Danby" marble journey in our remodeled kitchen. Would love to see pics but realize that this thread is old. For some reason I cannot see the "Photo Bucket" photos you have posted in the past? Would also like to know what kind of backsplash you used? Thanks in advance.

• barncatz
    6 years ago

hartntex it isn't you, it's something Photo Bucket did to their accounts, from what I've read. I hope 2Little Fishies sees this - her kitchen is drop dead gorgeous. I found one photo I keep and I think she describes what tile she used in her reveal. LINK FOR REVEAL THREAD

• cheri127
    6 years ago

Beautiful kitchen, 2littlefishies!

Could you tell me whether your walnut overhand has invisible supports? Is that why there's a small apron? I'm considering the same kind of overhang on my peninsula. Thanks!

• hartntex
    6 years ago

@2LittleFishies beautiful space all around - thanks for sharing photos. I wanted to see your backsplash, sink area, etc. Any issues with Danby thus far - especially at sink area? thx

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    6 years ago

No problems! Some etching here and there but it doesn't bother me and I'm kind of crazy about that stuff usually. No stains. I'll see what I dig up.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Cheri127 Here is the underneath of island top... Does this help?

• cheri127
    6 years ago

Perfect! Thanks!!!!

• Keshet Starr
    3 years ago

I know this is a very old thread--but curious how. you like your Danby!