Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbbdddppp

Bosch Range Hood Wall Vent Question

bbbdddppp
9 years ago

Hoping someone can come to our rescue here, as even my builder is stumped, and that always worries me.

Purchased a new Bosch range hood for the kitchen in our new home a while ago, thinking there would not be an issue installing.

Our cooktop is on an outside wall so the idea was to vent this outside, and not through the ceiling.

Here's the issue:

The wall hole for the vent, even with a high ceiling, was cut a while ago at a standard height, and it doesn't seem high enough for the Bosch to vent out of (even if it was almost at the ceiling). In looking at the hood, the duct needs to push up at least a couple feet or so before hitting the air flaps, then can turn 90 degrees towards the outside.

We'd almost need to take the duct piece (with the flaps) fully off and immediately bend 90 degrees to go out the wall to have this hood at the proper height. Not sure if we are doing something wrong or if it's just made assuming you are going to have a few feet above the hood to go up before you exit out of the wall instead of the ceiling.

If anyone has run into this before, and has any ideas, please let me know, we could really use the help. I'll have pics later too, just gotta run back to my build site and shoot them.

Thanks again for reading and any assistance.

Brad