Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azjenny

Marvel Full Size Refrigerators

azjenny
10 years ago

X-posted from Appliances but not having luck over there:

Does anyone here have these or know anything about their performance?
I can find no reviews on Marvel except for the undercounter stuff.
Specifically I would probably be considering the 48" side by side.
Does anyone have any knowledge about these at all?
Thx!!

Comments (11)

• azjenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Noone? Help?!

• ihave5kids
    10 years ago

hi azjenny - I was looking for the same information about marvel columns and have been disappointed to find so little information about them. I am curious about how loud and also how reliable they are. Have you had any luck? Did you consider thermador as well? I look forward to hearing from you!

• iroll_gw
    10 years ago

I had never heard of this brand, so I dug a little, and it seems that the company is owned by Aga.

And who knew, so are Heartland Classic ranges!

Here is a link that might be useful: Aga Marvel

• Jennifer N.
    10 years ago

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has anymore insight or experience with the Marvel Full Size refrigerator units.

We're interested in the 36" full refrigerator and 36" full freezer for our new kitchen. (We were also toying around with the idea of AGA ranges.)

I heard from one distributor that they have had complaints about their doors not having a "stop," so they swing completely open and slam into surrounding cabinetry/appliances, etc. I don't know how accurate that is? Being that we have 4 young children, it is a consideration for us, but I'm not ready to write them off just for that.

Thanks in advance! :)

• Trotsky
    9 years ago

We're happy with ours so far. See this thread for pics and a more in depth review:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0201570922232.html?4

• mjs133
    8 years ago

Following - also looking for info on Marvel full size refrigerators. Considering 48" SxS. Thanks in advance!

• jaydoubleyou22
    8 years ago

I'm considering the Marvel M48SS-WS and am also interested in learning more. I haven't been able to find any videos or reviews online, except for the few on this forum. I'm interested to know about the noise level as well as how the hinge opens (for clearance purposes). Any additional photos, links to videos or reviews or any other insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• xedos
    8 years ago

Curious, why not go with an established maker like SubZero, GE Monogram, KitchenAid , or thermador for a builtin fridge.

• jaydoubleyou22
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

xedos, price. I can't justify paying $10K+ for a box to keep my food cold.

I got a below-retail price on the Marvel, which puts it at about half of the price of the other brands you mentioned. I was initially looking at the Thermador because--even though it's nearly twice the price and is actually made by KitchenAid--it comes with a free range hood and it would match my other appliances. But none of the Thermador range hoods work in my kitchen, so there's no point in paying full UMRP for the Thermador model if I'm not going to benefit from the throw-in item.

I went ahead and rolled the dice on the Marvel. We'll see how it goes.

• funkycamper
    8 years ago

I am amazed at the prices of the full refrigerator options. Unless you go with a cheap (and boxy, ugly) Danby or something like that, there's not much out there until you get into the upper-prices. It seems that it would be cheaper to make a just-fridge, too. I would have loved to have had one but wasn't willing to pay the price for any of the non-Danby options I could find. Also needed a slim 28" one so the choices were zilch. Let us know how the Marvel works for you.

• xedos
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Fair enough. I assumed you were paying regular price, and at that - there isn't much of a difference. Certainly not enough to make the risk worthwhile to me.