Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help: Faucet finish, hot/cold drinking faucet, under sink filter

Posted by mudworm (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 16:00

Dear GW'ers, we are currently deep buried in our DIY remodeling project that we started a year ago and took a long break from this summer. Now I'm back to seek your help again.

I've already purchased a Hansgrohe Allegro E kitchen faucet.

According to the website, it has "Steel Optic Finish". Now, when I shop for a drinking faucet, I'm not sure which finish matches best: Satin Nickel or brushed Chrome or something else?

I've seen following hot/cold drinking water faucet:
InSinkErator Indulge Contemporary FHC1100 $269
Tomlinson Hot/Cold Contemporary Reverse Osmosis Faucet $160 (Can it be used on non-RO water?) Would Brushed Stainless be the best matching finish (compared to Satin Nickel)?

Does any one have a recommendation on a hot/cold drinking faucet that will match my kitchen faucet?

I am about to purchase Quick & Hot Instant 190 Degree Instant Hot ($160+tax) . But I also want to have a under sink water filter for the cold drinking water (not to kitchen faucet). Does anyone know if this InSinkErator SST-FLTR 2/3-Gallon Stainless Tank and Filtration System ($185) will also provide me filtered cold drinking water? I didn't find a number to call on InsinkErator website.

Or, does anyone have a good under sink water filter to recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help: Faucet finish, hot/cold drinking faucet, under sink fil

This is what I purchased from Quality Bath. The product looks great with my stainless faucet. LOVE IT !! Both H & C filtered. Your price is much better!

Insinkerator HC1100 Sku: HC1100SN
Optional Filtration System: Stainless Steel Tank and Filtration System
Finishes and Colors: Satin Nickel
$552.75

o
RE: Help: Faucet finish, hot/cold drinking faucet, under sink fil

Thank you for confirming that the InsinkErator unit will produce filtered cold water as well. That will simplify the plumbing quite a bit, not to mention save some space in the sink base. Poor reviews on Amazon site, but I'll just cross my fingers once I make the purchase. Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here