Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
7 ft island, 17" stools

Posted by rebecca3142 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 15:43

Do you think 4 stools in a row could be comfortable? Not planning of having long meals there.

Also, I can't sit in these seats but I love the look. I was thinking a stool with a back would be more comfortable. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 7 ft island, 17" stools

The stools may be on the smaller size, but the same sized people will still occupy them! 24" is the minimum for adults to be comfy, and for most that don't like being crowded, 30" feels much better.

o

Ah, yes....I suppose sitting comfort is important. ;)

Sounds like three wider stools would be better. Hard for me to give up the extra seating, but I would be more upset if no one wanted to sit because they felt like sardines!

Thanks!

o

Yes, you need to think about counter space as well as seating space. We have a 5 ft. counter with two stools, and it is quite comfortable. I would think 7 ft. would be more suitable for three than four.

o

In a previous home, we had a 6' island with three stools. It worked, but we could have used a bit more room. Another foot would not have been enough to add a fourth person to the row.

o

Rebecca where are the stools from?
I am planning a 7' island too and will have 3 stools but optional wrap around place on each side with room for only an 18" wide stool . These would be perfect. TIA

o

Thanks for the input everyone! Confession....my architect even drew in three stools, but I thought I could outsmart the island by getting 4 smaller ones. Wishful thinking!

@ppbenn The stools are from Restoration Hardware. They are on sale right now. Just a warning, they charge a $149 flat rate for all furniture shipments.

This post was edited by rebecca3142 on Thu, Nov 7, 13 at 10:52

o

Just a warning, they charge a $149 flat rate for all furniture shipments.

Just to clarify, it's $149 total for everything you purchase in one order (we're about to order a table, but waiting to see if we want anything else before we place the order).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here