Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
KAW Pear Upside down ginger cake & Pork agrodolce

Posted by lucas_tx (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 15:32

Had some friends for dinner last night and made this delicious, easy and reasonably healthy dessert.

Used the recipe below but used some pears we froze last summer off the neighbor's pear tree. They were small but yummy.

Had a few slices left and all the pear flavored light syrup I froze them in, so I cooked that down and put them on top after I took it out but of course I forgot to take the photo after I added them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pear upside down cake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: KAW Pear Upside down ginger cake & Pork agrodolce

Sorry no pictures of the pork but this sauce was incredibly good. Photo of the simmering pears will have to do :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pork Tenderloin Agrodolce

o

Looks yummy!

o

That cake looks amazing! I will have to try it, being a sucker for any upside down cake. The pork sounds delicious but looks a tad monochromatic :)

Your granite looks rather wonderful too, I have to add. What a lovely backdrop.

This post was edited by oldbat2be on Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 19:54

o

Hadn't really thought about the monochromacity :-)

The pork was actually a nice healthy pink and we had a some bright green beans (haricot vert) with pine nuts and citrus along with some spanakopita, so the plate was nice and colorful but yes, that sauce and all its contents were a rather uniform purplish black.

I used fresh ginger in the cake instead of the ground called for in the recipe and it was really good.

Glad you like the granite, Golden Cascade for anyone wondering.

Happy Veteran's Day to all!

o

Sounds yummy! I've been making a variation of that pear ginger cake for years. Love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here