Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deck-mounted Pot Filler

Posted by fabb (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 15:23

Has anyone here used a deck mounted pot filler? If you have, would you please post pictures. i did a search but nothing came up.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deck-mounted Pot Filler

Mine is going in next week. If no one else responds I'll post pics then

o

I did:

o

That looks wonderful! Does it interfere at all and can it reach right across the cooktop?

o

I haven't found it to interfere at all w/ anything I do. Granted, I don't really cook and don't ever have like 4-5 burners going- but in general, when we do use the cooktop, it is not in the way. It does reach all the burners although I tend to use it on a closer burner rather than stretching it all the way to the far corner.

o

I'm not trying to be smart, I really want to know if this is something that should become a part of our kitchen - can someone help me to understand why you need a pot filler?

To me, the issue really isn't filling a pot and putting it on the burner, but more taking it off if it's full of hot water. I mean, even if I have a pot filler to fill it initially, ultimately I still need to move the heavy pot to the sink to drain out the water, right?

Is there something I'm overlooking?

o

Andreak, I think you have a valid concern. A better solution might be a long hose attached to the faucet at a nearby prep sink that can reach the pots. Emptying those heavy pots is a very good reason to have a prep sink nearby the stove.

o

andreak100 the pot filler fills a pot much faster than a faucet b/c it has a higher flow rate.
I also really like the way they look, which was the reason I got mine.

o

Hello Fabb,

I have an entire page dedicated to pot fillers on my site! Hopefully it will shed light on the different types and what to watch out for design wise.... I am a kitchen designer and the page details what I have learned about installing them!

They're cool... My clients love them...

Here is a link that might be useful: What to know about Pot Fillers! Designingrichmondhome.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here