Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dtrivi2209

Final touches and backsplash suggestions

Dtrivi2209
9 years ago

Hi everyone! It has been an exhaustive renovation and we are finally in the home stretch! We have been without a kitchen for exactly 4 months and 9 days...yes I'm counting...I'm ready to eat a real meal again.

Anyway, now comes the really tedious part, knobs and backsplashes. I am braindead at this point with design after making every single decision. My hubby and I did every single thing in this kitchen on our own from taking the wall where the breakfast bar is down to electrical to hanging cabinetry...of course we didn't do the counters but I think we would have if that was physically possible.

Anyway, I would love some ideas and suggestions on backsplashes and knobs! I am open to every idea!!

Comments (21)

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More photos

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Additional photos

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't know how to photobucket so sorry for all the separate posts

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A few more photos

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another view

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last picture I promise

• dcward89
    9 years ago

No suggestions right now but it looks like we have the exact same sink and faucet except our faucet doesn't have the deck plate...love them!!! Your kitchen looks great!

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dcward89, thanks! It's been a true labor of love!! This will be my last remodel for a LONG time! I love my sink! I literally designed the whole kitchen around it haha! The faucet came with either a deck plate or a little circle that could be used and I went with the deck plate...not sure if I love it but is silicone and sealed now so I'm stuck hahah

• annac54
    9 years ago

Is that mosaic tile on the floor in front of the sink, and maybe the stove? If so, would you like that as the backsplash?

Do you know where you would want to use pulls vs knobs? It's really up to you. If you search this forum, you will find at least a couple of threads about this.

Tell us what type of feel you want the kitchen to have and that will help narrow down the hardware choices for those that want to give you suggestions. We have an idea from the cabinetry you chose, but it would help if we knew that you wanted a traditional, transitional, or more updated style.

It's a very pretty kitchen. Really like the stone you chose for the countertops.

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

AnnaC54.....we are pretty "eclectic" as you can sort of tell...a bit modern here a little traditional there haha I can't seem to make up my darn mind! I love pulls vs knobs but I know that I have to use knobs in some places because of the "curve" on the cabinetry. I would say that because there is so much stainless steel I would like to maybe go for a bronze colored hardware to bring out some of the warmth in the countertops? I'm really open to suggestions! Yes I love the little mosaic accent we did in front of the sink but my hubby wants a backsplash with a little pop?

• vwhippiechick
    9 years ago

We have similar colored cabinets and SS appliances. We went with oil rubbed bronze for pulls and knobs. I really like the finished look. However we have soapstone which ties in with the dark hardware. Your kitchen is lovely. What a wonderful job you have done.

• lovetorenovate
    9 years ago

I think I'd do satin nickel knobs. Something fairly traditional based on your cabinet style. Looks great!

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That's a great idea bcafe!!! I was trying to figure out how to mix knobs and pulls without making it look discombobulated!

• annac54
    9 years ago

We put knobs on the doors and pulls on the drawers (mostly). One size pull is on all of the top drawers on the lowers. I put two larger pulls on the wide deep drawers on each side of our range and another on the trash pullout. I also put pulls on the two long doors on the floor to ceiling cabinet beside the refrigerator. For some reason, that's what seemed to be right for there.

Since you are doing the work, a template is helpful to make sure the hardware is installed consistently.

Nice work BTW. We did a lot of the work on ours (still a few minor details remain), and were without a kitchen for several months also. Congratulations, and enjoy your new space.

• reneestauffer
    9 years ago

I love your kitchen! Love the cream cabinets with that choice of countertop, it's gorgeous.

I like the idea of bronze knobs, that would look really great with your countertop, and knobs on top with pulls below would be a nice way to change things up.

You could also mix types of knobs. Something like these might look really fun around your sink area, in amber or black, to echo the tiles in the mosaic (which is awesome, BTW!):

Here is a link that might be useful: square glass knobs

• Mags438
    9 years ago

No ideas, sorry. I'm struggling with a bs myself, but wanted to just say, your kitchen and the quality is impressive. Some ppl are so talented.

• bobbie2010
    9 years ago

No suggestions, but a question about your fridge. We are in the fridge buying stage and ours in in the same local as yours. Did you have to get a counter depth so that it opens next to the doorway. If not, how much clearance is there. Sorry I am of no help on knobs but I do this the mosaic on the floor is too pretty

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I think a crackle tile backsplash in a small size subway (ours are 2 x 4 I think) would look great with your beautiful kitchen. Great job. Look at Sonoma Tile and Fireclay.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

I'd do a simple cream/grey/white plain subway tile backsplash to let the countertop be the star. Something light and neutral.

Knobs - sleek metal to match the appliances?
    Or funky blue to go with the walls.

• Dtrivi2209
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!! We had a SUPER limited budget but we managed to do it because we did everything on our own and saved on labor!

Bobbie, actually our fridge is MASSIVE!! We only have two inches clearance away from the doorway and the door opens fine just not all the way. But we had to work with the space we had. Our fridge is the LG LFX31945ST so you can check out the specs...counter depth of course would have been ideal but we desperately need a huge fridge.

Thanks again everyone for the compliments and kind words...we had a lot of issues with this kitchen but hearing so many nice comments makes my husband and I feel really validated!