Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shopping g for lights on overstock

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 12 at 15:05

Hi,

I am down to final finishes for finish electrical. I am looking at overstock for some lights mainly sconces, chandeliers for bath, landing etc. Any tips on which brands to avoid etc?

Lalitha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shopping g for lights on overstock

They sell so many different brands it's hard to say, but I can say that I've bought at least three different lights/lamps from Overstock, most recently a couple months ago, and I've been happy with every one. I do pay attention to the customer reviews, though. I think they have good prices although not always the best price. I'm confident shopping at O for most everything, actually. Plus, they took on one of the big banks so they get points for that in my book!

o

I needed two pendants from Overstock and they only had 1 left in stock. I ordered the 1 light and signed up to be notified when the lights were back in stock. The in stock light arrived and the manufacturer was Tiffany Direct. I went to the Tiffany Direct site and found my matching pendant $40 cheaper than Overstock. I noticed that Tiffany Direct site has many of Overstock lights cheaper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiffany Direct

o

just read the reviews.

I've bought several from them, I've never been less than pleased.

o

Thanks all.. I will read the review and start shopping..

Bee - You have Chandy in the bath right? Did you need to check if they were OK to use in the bath? I thought here was a UL rating or something required..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here