Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

Lighting Recommendations for 100 Year Old Kitchen

Rudebekia
9 years ago

We're down the wire and I have a lot of decision fatigue. I need to purchase two lights for my kitchen in a vintage craftsman home over the next week or so. Even hoping to find a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal. Would anyone be so kind as to make recommendations?

The kitchen is small--10 x 11--and will be a typical inset creamy white period look, soapstone countertops.I hope to use some details, like lights and rug and paint color, to warm the space and make it look pretty rather than plain or austere. There are no recessed lights. I'm looking for a pendant to hang over the sink, and a center light (9 ft ceilings). The "old" center light (currently dismantled) was a 12" flush mount schoolhouse light, and there was no sink light.In the new kitchen there will be ample LED undercabinet lighting. I thought about using the schoolhouse again as well as a mini schoolhouse pendant, but I'm now finding these selections far too boring/predictable at this point. I guess I'm after a bit of bling--pretty bling, that is. I like things to look pretty but "quiet."

The adjacent dining room has marvelous cut glass windows--not stained glass but beveled cut glass. So I thought of repeating the theme by using Hinckley lighting plantation series pendant (#5317PL) over the sink and the matching plantation series flush mount center light. I love the look of both and think they may be stunning in the kitchen. However, most reviews are about people using the center light in hallways. I wonder how it might play in a kitchen.

Anyway, all feedback is more than welcome on appropriate but pretty matching or complementary lights for a period look kitchen. Thank you!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022