Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nowwhat_2007

Ebay and Kitchen hardware

nowwhat_2007
16 years ago

Have been looking at hardware (hinges, pulls and knobs) on Ebay. Since I can't actually see them and feel them I'm afraid I will end up with something light weight and poor quality. I don't know anything about hardware brands or even what kind of questions to ask the seller. Anyone have any information to pass along to help me know what I'm getting? I'm not needing anything in the high end market, just something good. Thanks

Comments (10)

• creekylis
    16 years ago

I recently bought from sonoma cabinet hardware on ebay. The pieces were unique looking and very inexpensive. I ordered ORB finish pieces, and I'd say they are actually just painted. However, they have a smooth finish and are very heavy -- nice feel. I can see on some knobs where there is a seam of some sort on the side under the finish. This isn't really noticeable -- especially once mounted -- and it doesn't bother me at all. Overall, if you are looking for a bargain and a nice heavy piece of hardware, it's a good place to check.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sonoma Cabinet Hardware Ebay Store

• Flowerchild
    16 years ago

I just received our hardware today. I am very pleased with the quality, price and service of Ebay seller Bluebird Books and Knobs. I actually bought 15 different knobs/pulls from various sellers and we made our choices from them. Internet site leevalley.com has a fantastic selection. Some of them are more expensive than the ebay ones.
    Good Luck

• kailuamom
    16 years ago

I bought mine on ebay. Decided that it would be worth it to me to buy samples. I spent about $30 for the samples, found that they were fine for what I needed. I then spent the other $130 for the remainder of my pulls. I bought pulls that would have cost about $20 each for about $3. It was pretty low risk AND I ended up choosing something other than what I would have thought I would have chosen. What I liked online wasn't beefy enough and I couldn't see that in the picture. What I ended up with looks great and even my KD is in love with them.

• chan123
    16 years ago

i did the same thing. ordered 4 samples and was very pleased with the quality one ebay and ordered $200 worth. worked out great. now my faucet which was brand new leaked

• raehelen
    16 years ago

flowerchild,

I tried to find Bluebird Books and Knobs on eBay, and had no luck. Is there another name I could try?

Rae

• Flowerchild
    16 years ago

nowwhat, I'm sorry that is the business name that was on the invoice. On ebay they are listed as simply bluebirdbooks. After I counted the knobs I realized I was short 2 so I emailed him and got a reply right away. He apologized and said he was sending them out today.
    We put some knobs on today. I am so pleased with the look. We got the Bungalow style. It goes perfectly in our new Timber Frame home.

• gardenergwen
    16 years ago

We bought our Oil Rubbed Bronze (ORB) kitchen cabinet hardware on eBay and got a great deal (around $1 each for handles and less for knobs) on heavy, classic, non-painted pieces. I did spend about $30 ordering samples from two other eBay stores but found that the quality and style didn't fit what I was looking for.

I second the recommendation on posting a few that you are looking at and seeing if anyone else has used the same ones in their kitchen (or ordered the samples) and can provide some feedback.

We definitely saved over $100 (or much much more) on our hardware by using eBay. I couldn't find anywhere near the quality in my local stores where the prices were around $4+/piece.

• determined_sammie
    16 years ago

Gardenergwen - do you mind telling us which ebay seller you went through to purchase your pulls? Thanks!

• ellizabeth
    16 years ago

Hello --

I just got my knobs and pulls from eBay also. Here's who I used:

Bella Living Home Decor

I also ordered a few samples 1st to check them out and then placed my full order. Both times they shipped quickly. Now if I could just get DH to put them *on* the cabinets we'd be good to go :-)

Happy Holidays --
    Liz

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay seller I used