Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimskitchen_gw

Last minute design change and side by side fridge - HELP!

aimskitchen
11 years ago

Our KD came out today to do the final measurements before placing the order we worked up (and paid a deposit on last week), and we didn't realize our peninsula run had been made 4 inches longer, which will make an opening into the dining room really tiny and unworkable to me, as the wall ovens were facing it. That would have put my behind right at the end of the peninsula as I tried to get into my double wall ovens.

We're going to return to a previous thought, and turn the whole thing into a galley instead, moving the wall ovens and fridge into a space now occupied by fridge and doorway. We'll move the doorway to the space the wall ovens were going to be placed in, so it'll enter the dining area. Should be good for traffic patterns. BUT, in the galley, the fridge will be on the left side, nestled against a wall that is 43" deep - so the fridge will be sort of settled in a nook, with a four inch filler to the left of the freezer door. If any of you have SxS fridges, will this be enough room to open it up and fully access the fridge? FYI, the double ovens will be to the right of the fridge, separated by another filler, and flipping the two isn't going to work for several reasons. Thanks for any input - we have to decide ASAP.

Comments (6)