Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
niki_friedman

Help me find a faucet like this for less!

Niki Friedman
9 years ago

My budget is about 1/4 the price of this beauty but I can't seem to stop wanting it! This is the first spray faucet I've found that really appeals to me. I mostly gravitate toward side sprayers but DH really wants the pull down. No way I'm going to get a $1100 faucet by him ;) Any recommendations on something similar? It's such a great combo of industrial, traditional and vintage. Thanks for any recommendations!

Waterstone PLP Pulldown Kitchen Faucet 18" H - 5600-AB

http://www.qualitybath.com/waterstone-5600-pulldown-kitchen-faucet-product-136391.htm?SKU=5600-AB&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=Waterstone&utm_term=136391&utm_content=kitchen+faucets&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7NyiBRCOhpuCm9Dq6b4BEiQA9D6qhQf0EkrrbEcesnTzttlTOLAf1WUJP9sTTh0RfTsJZb8aAgnx8P8HAQ

Comments (35)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Not as pretty, but would a PF Wheaton work?

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Could you embed your links using the area below the message box? People are using mobile devices now and can't copy and paste the URLs. We need clickable links. Thank you.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Can you explain what about it floats your chimes? Rings your boat? Makes you lust?

Here is a link that might be useful: her dream faucet

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Here's the rest of her post for those on mobile devices that were unable to read it:

My budget is about 1/4 the price of this beauty but I can't seem to stop wanting it! This is the first spray faucet I've found that really appeals to me. I mostly gravitate toward side sprayers but DH really wants the pull down. No way I'm going to get a $1100 faucet by him ;) Any recommendations on something similar? It's such a great combo of industrial, traditional and vintage. Thanks for any recommendations!>

• nycbluedevil
    9 years ago

This won't make you feel better, but I have this faucet and love it. Maybe, just maybe, you can nip and tuck somewhere else and splurge on this?

• threepinktrees
    9 years ago

Oh dear, now I want it too...

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Way over budget for me as well and then frugal DM felt the faucet and aid You must get this faucet!
    I said Yes mom and the rest is history.
    My budget was about a quarter of the price.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

You guys aren't helping :p

• wags848
    9 years ago

Oh, my, viennamommy! What a coincidence. I was out faucet shopping last Friday and fell in love with the same faucet! I love it. I asked about a faucet with the handle in front (we have 2 lefties & 2 righties; thinking this is more practical). They showed me this Waterstone, & I fell in love. Way over my budget as well; I've been online today searching for it at a discount, or a similar look for less.

I also like the new Brizo Artesso. The single is about $500. It's no Waterstone, but it is nice IRL. A nice combo of industrial and classic; would go with any style of decor. I'm waiting for Black Friday deals & watching for sales on both Waterstone & Brizo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brizo Artesso

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Wags, you put the handle to the front on all single hole faucets with that lever style, so pay no attention when they show them to the right :)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

$242. VERY high quality Wolverine Brass. Also comes in a shorter style.

Here is a link that might be useful: WB Finale Faucet

• Niki Friedman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow- loving the responses. Glad I'm not the only one gaga for this thing!

Nycbluedevil- this whole reno is a splurge :( I've been saying that I'd scrimp on x to buy y for so many items that I just can't do it on the faucet. I'm such a glutton for punishment but can you show us a pic of your faucet?

A2Gemini- you too! Show us some eye candy!!!

Thank you so much for all of the alternatives posted. They are very pretty and I'll def take a closer look.

Like I said, the combo of traditional, vintage and industrial really appeals to me. Additionally, our kitchen won't have very many smooth edges. Shaker cabinets with chunky square mouldings, eased edged marble counters, mission style hardware, rectangular sink. So, throwing in a very curvy faucet doesn't thrill me. But, something uber modern wouldn't work either.

I could always sell a kidney!

• wags848
    9 years ago

Errant - Thx for the tip! I haven't looked for a new faucet in 15 years...styles sure have changed!

• jennybc
    9 years ago

I got this one. Inside the spring is metal not white. We turned so handle is forward. And buttons are on back of head. Love it... Especially for the price.
    I can take a pic if you want one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Overstock faucet

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    9 years ago

It's really expensive, but at least it looks like it's really expensive.

• nycbluedevil
    9 years ago

I am having trouble copying a picture of my faucet. But if you google nycbluedevil final kitchen reveal you can find my kitchen pictures. Sorry.

• Niki Friedman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ooooh that's pretty, NYCBlueDevil. Even for a Dukie ;) I have a few Duke friends in Manhattan (we are Northern VA transplants from NYC). DH was raised on E23rd and my Inlaws are still there so we visit often. Love a great manhattan kitchen. It's such a challenge to make them work and you certainly accomplished it!

Thanks for the link to overstock, jennybc. There are a few contenders on there and the prices are great.

Wags- if you run into any Black Friday deals, would you please let me know? I don't think my KD is going to let me wait that long before I have to order the faucet but you never know. Thanks!

• wags848
    9 years ago

I'll let you know what I find, viennamommy. Good luck to us both in scoring a good deal on a great faucet!

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Have you looked at faucet.com for traditional pull-down faucets? Now I have to admit that Waterstone seems to be the only one with that flip thing at the pulldown mechanism.

Here is a link that might be useful: traditional faucets

• wags848
    9 years ago

Like it! The antique steel finish is cool, too. Which finish did you select?

• Niki Friedman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Wags! I went with chrome.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Very nice. I actually like it better :)

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Here is my eye candy per your request.
    Mine is the parcha series. It latches on for spray mode. My kitchen started out more contemporary but ended up transitional.
    If I did it over again, I would get the extended reach version.

• poohpup
    9 years ago

I can totally understand. It was love at first sight for me too. Two and one-half years later, I'm still in love. Glad you found a faucet that will work for you.

• Niki Friedman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another thing I'll file under "for my next kitchen"!

So so pretty- thanks for sharing!

• Julie Drew
    9 years ago

Wags, i love the Brizo Artesso you shared!

• wags848
    9 years ago

thedinos - It is lovely. Watching the price on it! It's fairly new, but may be able to score a deal around Black Friday. I like both the bridge and the single. Too many choices these days! Love the OP's Elkay as well.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Here is my eye candy per your request.
    Mine is the parcha series. It latches on for spray mode. My kitchen started out more contemporary but ended up transitional.
    If I did it over again, I would get the extended reach version.

Edit - Wierd, I only posted this once on Wed but a duplicate posted a day later. Not sure how that happened since snagging a picture on the iPad isn't that easy and I would remember doing that.

This post was edited by a2gemini on Fri, Nov 7, 14 at 6:22

• mom2samlibby
    9 years ago

Viennamommy - thanks for posting! I hadn't seen that faucet before and I love it. Trying to decide now if I can justify switching mine out. I've purchased a bridge faucet with side spray and am thinking I'd rather have the convenience of one handle to turn on.

• janniemac
    9 years ago

Getting ready to embark on a kitchen reno...came here to do a little research and now I found a faucet that I LOVE, and probably shouldn't splurge on!! It's gorgeous! Wondering if there is a bar/prep sink faucet to match?

• Niki Friedman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It really is so so beautiful. Sounds like those who have it absolutely love it. In the end though, I just couldn't justify the extra expense since we are over budget already. Like I said- I'm filing it in my brain for my next kitchen!!!

• ronniepuddle
    9 years ago

http://cdn08.grohe.com/lib/0/catalogue_p1/farbbild200/33870001.gif

This grohe bridgeford reminds me a lot of the one you are lusting for.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

I really like the Talis C Hansgrohe faucet I got from Costco. It was under $200 during a sale.

• LeeMiller
    9 years ago

Add me to the list of people who now want one of these!