Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One of the hazards of kitchen renov. & new appliances....

Posted by Cavimum (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 14:28

PSA of the day . . .

When appliance guys and/or plumbers are working in your daylight basement, be sure to check all exterior doors and make sure they are shut securely.

This morning I had planned to sleep in while the hubby went to work. No subs were scheduled, should be a good day, right?
Not.

Around 6:00 a.m. our burglar alarm goes nuts, siren screaming from attic, and monitoring station calls us. Basement (patio) door was 'point of entry.' Told them to go ahead and send police, because one never knows...

Police arrive, walk around house, check out basement. Told me there were two birds flying around in the basement (probably came thru the open door because it was warm inside). Nothing disturbed, nothing taken.

All we can figure is a sub went through the door on Monday or Tuesday, thought he had closed it, and didn't quite catch the latch. Door had been blown open by wind. I missed my only chance to sleep in!

Check your exterior doors at the end of each day. Lesson learned the hard way, here. ~rolls eyes~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One of the hazards of kitchen renov. & new appliances....

Hope the birds were safely rescued! Our siding person set off ours taking off the old stuff- oops. Police arrived and gave them a bit of a hard time til they reached us. Double oops!
Then I was watching our robins getting ready to fledge and they fledged into the house. Found 2 easily but the third one was shy. I finally snagged the last one. I have a great video of the robins fledging.

o
RE: One of the hazards of kitchen renov. & new appliances....

I got one of the birds out yesterday. Hubby is home today, so he can help me 'herd' the other one out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here