Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msbrandywinevalley

Another question about granite pricing

msbrandywinevalley
10 years ago

I understand (conceptually) the differences in various levels of granite. My question is more about the difference in pricing from one level to the next. I'm not looking for actual numbers, but how the levels relate to each other, if at all. In other words, what is the incremental price difference between levels?

Here's what's behind my question: Granite for my kitchen remodel was budgeted at Level 3, or $50/SF. The way it turned out, I chose one granite that's a Level 2 for a small area, and another granite that's Level 5 for the much larger area. The Level 2 was priced at $45/SF, not much less than the Level 3. The Level 5, however, was priced at $85/SF. Is there any relation between pricing at various levels?

Comment (1)

• Vertise
    10 years ago

There is a market driven component. The more common or sometimes plain stones are less expensive. The more exotic ones, the more people will be willing to pay for them. Location, accessibility, amount available. Ease of fabrication and any special tools or skill level required. A lot of the sf charge is for fabrication.