Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathy725

Corner sink cabinet size--will it fit?

cathy725
11 years ago

OK, for a bit of background, I'm trying to figure out the design of my renovated kitchen. See this link for current layout and suggestions on layouts:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1017233122890.html

I visited a neighbor with my exact kitchen who put in an island. The biggest problem is that the island has to be very narrow in order to provide proper clearance on the long sides. It really doesn't look like it 'fits' the kitchen--it looks more like they squeezed it in to make it fit.

So that puts me back to the u-shaped kitchen with peninsula. I went to get some cabinet design information and was told I need a 36" corner cabinet for a sink, even a single bowl. I was also told that I'd need to make sure a 36" cabinet would fit through my door (which if it's 36x36 it won't fit in any opening to kitchen).

Do I have to have a 36" corner cabinet, or is there a smaller one that will fit a regular sized single bowl sink? I'd love the silgranit 1 3/4 bowl sink, but I'm not seeing any way to fit that in a corner, so I guess I'll need the single bowl sink.

Thanks for any suggestions. I would leave the sink under the window if I could figure out somewhere else to put the dishwasher--I hate it in the corner because I can't reach the cabinets above the diswhasher when I'm unloading it.

Thanks for any insight and suggestions!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES