Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiwigem_gw

OCD alert: Blanco Diamond cleanup sink with Precis prep?

Kiwigem
9 years ago

Hi, folks. I probably shouId have called this "First World Problem Alert" LOL.

Anyway, I've never seen the Silgranit sinks in person. In my perfect imaginary world the Precis would be available with an offset drain, but alas it's not. I know I want the Precis prep sink as the Diamond prep is just too curvy.

For those of you who have seen them in person, Do you think a Diamond clean up sink would work with a Precis island prep sink? Or should I just sacrifice the offset drain and get the Precis for both?
Thanks!

Comments (9)

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Introducing the GW Special Edition Blanco Ossessivo Super Single!

I like it :-)

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

FWIW, I've had the Precis super single for about 20 months now, and It's the best sink I've ever owned, absolutely love it. (Don't have a prep sink, kitchen is 10'x10'-6")
    Can't say if I would like an offset drain better, because I've never had or used one, and don't know what the pros/cons are but did not like the curve on the Diamond.

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks ctycdm! If you put a large pot in, does it block the drain, or do those little grooves make the water drain under the pot?

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

I got the Blanco stainless grid a few months ago, (after reading about them on GW) and love it! Everything goes under any pots or pans and drains just fine. I also use the grid to dry delicate hand wash items...

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh *facepalm* I hadn't even thought of the grid! Of course that solves it all, and you have soapstone, too. That's what I'm doing as well. Is that the anthracite color sink?

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

Oh how I obsessed over the blanco silgranit choices when planning my kitchen! In the end, I choose the Precis super single for cleanup. The straight lines and the drain symmetry were big pros for me. If I have a large sheet pan over the drain, the water is substantially blocked from draining. This usually doesn't bother me. I think a grid would bug the living stuffin' out of me so I don't have one.

I chose the Performa for my prep sink. I looked at the Precis, but it seemed too small for me. Even as it is, the Performa barely feels large enough sometimes. The Precis is 12.6" width side to side. I suggest trying to mock this up and work in it. Wash and peel some carrots, scrub some beets, etc. See if you can do that in a tight space without splashing water all over the counter.

As far as aesthetics go, the Diamond-Precis combo you're considering would look fine!!

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    9 years ago

The sink grid is the solution to the issue of blocking the drain. However, the grid is one of those "personal preference" things. I agree with Brieezygirl - I had a grid in my previous BlancoDiamond (whose curved sides I never noticed LOL), and stopped using it because gunk would get in the nooks and crannies, and be gross, and so the grid would be one more thing to keep clean. I had thought anyway that a sink grid is good to prevent scratches in stainless steel sinks, which we Silgranit people don't have to worry about :)

Many people adore their sink grids. But since you have "confessed" to your OCD tendencies, I am wondering which will bother you more: not having the grid and the center drain being covered, or, having the grid and seeing gunk in nooks and crannies. Or, alternatively, getting the BlancoDiamond sink with corner drain, no grid, but then having curved sides. Decisions, decisions.

• brightm
    9 years ago

Another who never noticed curves in the Diamond and doesn't like the grid.

For the first couple months (yes, months) our sink was installed, our water pressure wasn't right and we were getting about 1/4 - 1/3 what we should. We had the grid in and it was horrible to get stuff out from under it. We finally took it out.

When we had a (competent, local) plumber come out and fix the water pressure (unplugging a filter that the GC's plumber couldn't evidently find, even with the directions and schematic...but I digress) and DH was hot to put the grid back in, so we did. I am the one who does clean up. I still felt things were never as clean as with out the grid, therefore...it's out again.

Warning: KAW pic...and not a very pretty one...but function abounds.

When working in the kitchen, I often have the rollout drain rack on like that and even without...I don't see the curve. I wonder if it depends on the countertop edge as to how evident or not the curve is?

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations