Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling All Kitchen Germaphobes

Posted by secondcup (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 14:15

I came across these forks at a restaurant last night. They look weird but are SO cool.

For all the kitchen germaphobes out there (like me!) I though they might be of interest!

http://www.touchlessflatware.com/

Has anyone else ever seen this?!

Here is a link that might be useful: germaphobe silverware

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling All Kitchen Germaphobes

You're making a pretty big assumption that the table, whether at home or dining out, is the only source of germs.

I'm only half kidding when I say germs are necessary for a human to live a healthy life.

Good luck,

Doc

o

No, you are totally correct. I just thought it was way cool. I'm not even a germaphobe, but I've seen threads about keeping things clean in the kitchen and I was excited to finally have something to contribute. :) (that's a sheepish grin)

o

I'd like to see those in restaurants. At home, well, those are my germs.

Although, I'm tired of finding my kids' flatware glued to the table at home, so these do have a place.

o

I think this whole germ phobia/get shot up with vaccines for everything real or imagined/bleach wipe/hand sanitizer thing has really gotten out of hand.

o

It would keep the used forks from making a mess on the table, but if you are that worried about germs, you need to see a shrink.

o

I carry my own tablecloth, dish, glass and cutlery in addition to 7th generation disinfect spray when I eat out....oh wait there are people in the kitchen who may sneeze...help

deedles: elderberry concentrate to the rescue !

o

Lol, Secondcup! They actually have a pretty cool design going on.

o

I just don't like the taste of dirty dishrag that you get off restaurant tables.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here