Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daicey

FINISHED! Daicey's kitchen

Daicey
12 years ago

I thank you all for you helpful advice. It was nice to always have a place to turn for ideas or comfort! Thank you!

I consider myself very simple and I love all things earthy. We decided against pendants and wood floor in kitchen. We've added a new room & bathroom to our home & completely altered the outside. We have done new windows in the whole house & new walkways, siding, porch etc. Its been quite a project. Next year landscaping.

Medallion Cabinets

Platinum Santa Cruz with bead (in cab not door)

In Cherry with Pecan finish

Polished Jet Mist Granite

2 Blanco Silgranit Sinks in Anthracite

Super single & Blanco Performa single bowl (17.5 x 17)

Floor: Gazzini Slate works series, summer 18x18 tile (porcelain)& Teragren Paris Black Bamboo floor in new sitting room

Wolf 36" Dual Fuel with Best Hood

Full sized fridge is recessed into wall

Ideas from Kitchen web:

Silgranit sinks

Grid in sink

Spice drawer insert

Many drawers

Breville

Microwave drawer

There were sleepless nights and lots of second guessing (especially on doing the split floor). But we are happy with the result.

I'm not a great decorator so if anyone has any suggestions for window treatments, rugs, furniture etc. I'll take it!! We just put other furniture from elsewhere in our home in the space for now. Suggestions are welcomed!!

The Before (that tiny window in the right of photo is the only window to see backyard before!)

and After:

Comments (39)

• User
    12 years ago

Wow...you have windows now ! What a wide open and airy space you have created. Sounds like you have done a lot to the whole house. Congratulations on a successful project. c

• badgergal
    12 years ago

Congratulations. What a nice improvement. I love stained wood cabinets and yours are beautiful.

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Oh, my goodness, what a lovely, light-filled space! You must love your new kitchen with it's efficient work zone and window-bordered range, and your new family room with its nice views to the back yard. I like the bench (with shoe storage?) by the door. Nice touch.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I love the new kitchen's warmth and the cherry stain on your beautiful new cabinets! It is making think maybe I should be doing a Cherry or maple stained cherry cabinet for my kitchen instead of off-white since the kitchen is open to the family room with Brazilian Cherry floors. I love your new stainless steel appliances and the hardware you chose for your doors. Your granite is beautiful and so is your backsplash. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

• jgopp
    12 years ago

Very nice, love the finish on the wood.

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Love the two sinks! The wood is beautiful and those windows to die for!!! Great job it looks beautiful and I especially like the flooring! Enjoy it in good health for many years to come : )

• dianalo
    12 years ago

I don't believe you. That just can't be the same house....

I love the wood in your cabs and the layout is phenomenal. The windows add so much as well. You must get such a thrill each day when you first see it ;)

I do hope you relocated the hutch from the old kitchen. That was pretty.

• colorfast
    12 years ago

Your wood choice was lovely for the space--rich and warm, but not dark. The slate floor and the Jet Mist counter are also amazing. Your tile has a nice gloss to it; what is it?

• Daicey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We went with the simple white subway that you can find anywhere.

Many thanks for the comments.

dinalo -I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the old hosier cabinet. Sometimes I can't believe it's the same house either. We had to do MANY things to get this, like move the front door 1 foot ha!

lisa - some questioned that bench but I love it. Right now it has gloves & hats etc in it.

I've always dreamed of seeing the backyard while being in the kitchen. It's great to see the kids play while preparing meals.

• wizardnm
    12 years ago

Major transformation!

It's warm and inviting and I can see that there is going to be major cooking going on. Great dining space too.

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

Love the dual islands and separation of work zones. Beautiful wood choice and overall feel. I know you are going to enjoy your new space!

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

it's beautiful! what a ton of storage now! I really like the cab color, not too light, not too dark! i also love the curve out part on the peninsula - great idea.

the bench at the end of the island is a great idea also.

loooove all the windows - and the view.

you've gotta just love working in this kitchen. I'd spend more time just looking at it tho - and the view out back - lol!

what do the 2 white doors on the wall opposite the bench go to? the bath? a pantry? laundry?

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Beautiful kitchen and all that light! It doesn't look like the same space.

• clvransom
    12 years ago

Great job! I love the way you created seating on both islands!

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Really nice. Enjoy!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I really like it too. The table off the island is so interesting.

• Daicey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

desertsteph - We have 3 doors. One is a back stairway that leads upstairs (it's an old house). The 2nd is a pantry. The third is to a laundry room that was previously both laundry & bathroom. I always dreamed of having it be just laundry! The bathroom is around the corner, near the backdoor.

It's amazing how a new space can just bring the family together and that was my wish all along.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

• PeterH2
    12 years ago

Beautiful - congratulations!

I really love all the little unique design touches, especially that low chest/bench, and the way the floor tile is offset.

• KBH
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Love the island wrap table and the bench is inspired. The bright lighting from the windows is so welcoming.

• cjc123
    12 years ago

So very pretty! I'm having total window envy!!And your cabinetry is wonderful. I so wish I had that kind of light in my kitchen! You must be so happy! I see many fun family times ahead in those rooms. Not to mention folding laundry will be a snap now! ;-)Enjoy!!!

• Emily
    12 years ago

Looks great! I love the floor and all the natural light!

• eriepatch
    12 years ago

Okay I have to know.....what did you do with that wonderful kitchen "hoosier" cabinet???

• jtkaybean
    12 years ago

LOVE your kitchen, it is just beautiful!!!

Of course I'm partial to it...I also have medallion cherry pecan cabinets ha ha.

• fromthesouth
    12 years ago

Awesome! What a beautiful space. Those cabinets are what we would have done had we not gone with white. So warm and beautiful! Enjoy.

• ww340
    12 years ago

What a lovely, sleek, welcoming family space. Good job, congrats on a great finish.

• sumbrm
    12 years ago

I love the finshes you chose, but I keep scrolling back up to look at the layout - that's a kitchen designed for a party! I can see a drink station, a chip and dip area, lots of friends leaning on the island with frosty glasses in their hands....! Enjoy!

• Redhead47
    12 years ago

Beautiful!

• mmhmmgood
    12 years ago

What an improvement! A lovely space. Congratulations!

• Linda
    12 years ago

What an amazing transformation! You must be thrilled to work in there. I love your granite. And, I've never seen a "bench" like that before, but I can think of a dozen ways it would come in handy. Nice job!

• elba1
    12 years ago

Teriffic improvement - hard to believe it's the same space - congrats!

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Daicey, I had to look at your kitchen again since I have decided to just do recessed lighting in my kitchen without a fixture and I love the look in yours! I also love your large format beautiful tiles so much in the running bond pattern I am going to use. I love your cabinets and everything that you have done with your renovation. Your kitchen is so warm and inviting and gorgeous!

• mindstorm
    12 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen. Love the dual island configuration - really special. But my favorite is the wide window expanse - I'm a window's girl; if i had to choose between windows and a kitchen, I'd pick windows - every time, every way.

Two questions for you - what paint is that you have in the room with the splendid windows? And what door is that grey door to the outdoors next to the kitchen pantry(?) cabinet on the range wall? Very interested in it.

Congratulations. Beautiful.

• singingmicki
    12 years ago

Beautiful finishes...I'm looking at the before and after photos and wondering how it's the same house. Your windows are wonderful!
    Congratulations on surviving this huge reno. I'm sure you love being in your space!

• Daicey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Lynn! Thanks for the kind words! We hosted Thanksgiving & found out the space really works well. Almost everyone stayed in the kitchen the whole time.

mindstorm - Thanks! The islands worked really nice when I had 4 of us baking pies for Thanksgiving. Also we put all of the food in the middle island for the buffet.

The walls are are painted gray owl, The door is rocky coast.

singingmicki -Thanks! It's a huge change from what we had before. We doubled the size & moved 2 doorways.

• holiday2525
    12 years ago

I love your cabinets and the airy feel your space now has. It is hard to believe the the before and after are actually the same house.

• kaysd
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely. I love the beautiful warm cherry cabinets and the windows flanking the range hood. What a transformation!

• Daicey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The walls are painted gray owl, The door is rocky coast.

I should have specified these are Benjamin Moore

• tateland
    12 years ago

beautiful! enjoy!

• fleur222
    12 years ago

Love the cherry stained cabinets, the open feel with lots of natural light, the grey door and wall paint too!!!! Congratulations!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio