Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tnkrer1

Pictures of finished kitchen

Moz Tn
13 years ago

After about 10 weeks the kitchen is done (almost .. dining table and kitchen light fixture needs to be changed ..) I want to thank members that directly responded to my questions (Bostonpam, Daki, KA, Marcydc and others I am not remembering right now ..) Also the forum and forum regulars like buehl served as a tremendous resource for ideas, to make good decisions, learn about different aspects of remodel ..

Some information ..

BS - Durango Travertine - and glass tile accents

Countertop - Crema golden (similar to or same as delicatus)

Cabs - Wellborn Forest Cinnamon Mocha

door pulls - Top Knobs

range - GE Cafe

refrigerator - Amana

sink - Ticor

Faucet - Delta Talbot

flooring - red oak select/premier not sure about grade

Finished Kitchen

Peninsula and Dining

Sink

Pantry (half of it)

Peninsula

Comments (35)

• marcydc
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I especially like your granite (same as mine ;)!

• sammiecanada
    13 years ago

Looks great...love behind your stove-the backsplash design etc.

• anotherwhitekitchen
    13 years ago

Lovely! Very warm and inviting!!

I am installing the same sink and faucet - what kind of water filter faucet is that? I'm having a hard time finding one to match the Talbott.

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

Looks great! Do you feel like you just made it in time for Thanksgiving? I feel like so many kitchens are getting finished right now--the big deadline!

Enjoy!

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

I am esp. noticing the floor and the many warm browns. You did a lot of work putting this together. I like the woods.

• mamabear2010
    13 years ago

Very nice! I love the colors of everything that you chose - it is definitely very warm and cozy!!

• lala girl
    13 years ago

So warm and inviting - wonderful counters and floors. Thanks for sharing - enjoy it for the holidays!!

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

Congratulations! Your pendants are really pretty and I like the curve on your peninsula too.

• paulabrady
    13 years ago

Love it all!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Your beautiful granite goes perfectly with your cabs! Actually, everything goes together well! Congrats on being done in time for T-day. Enjoy that warm, inviting space.

• trailgirl
    13 years ago

Very warm and lovely. I especially love seeing the red oak floor with wood cabinets as that's what we are leaning towards and I was second guessing whether it would work or not. I also like the pulls on the upper cabinets rather than knobs. Enjoy the holidays!

• julieh1926
    13 years ago

Really nice job! Your kitchen is very warm and inviting. Love the pendants!

• artmeetsscience
    13 years ago

The backsplash adds great personality to your well selected finishes.

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

hi tnkrer...

When I saw your name I remembered it, but couldn't recall what I had helped you out with...Then I looked at your pics and realized it must have been the faucet (same as mine) Is that right? I hope you like it.

The entire kitchen looks warm and inviting. I think you have the same pendants on your peninsula as my sister.

Hope you are enjoying it, just in time for Turkey Day!

KA:)

• luv2look
    13 years ago

Is that a reverse osmosis faucet on the left side of your sink? Does it coordinate with the Delta? Can you post another pic with a close-up of the two faucets, as I am on the hunt for a reverse osmosis faucet to coordinate with the same faucet you have. Thanks for any information you can provide!

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Love the whole look! The counters and BS go so well together. Enjoy cooking on the GE Cafe!

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

What a lovely, warm, & inviting new kitchen--and just in time for the holiday season! I love your granite with your backsplash--and the BS is such a unique take on travertine! Are your beautiful cabs maple? They're very close to the finish I've been looking for--a rich medium, warm stain.

May I be a little nosy and ask what you're going to keep in the open cabinet by your pantry? Interesting that you went with all pulls--I'm considering the same. I also like your lighting. I'm not a big fan of all the recessed holes that are so popular now. My kitchen is like yours--small enough to do a center fixture and a few pendants. Are you happy with your lighting? Sorry about all the questions, but I appreciate any and all info. Thank you for sharing your beautiful kitchen and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Moz Tn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments! We like our kitchen and its been great to see what we imagined turned into reality. And its even better when others like it too :) ..

Anotherwhitekitchen - The faucets don't match. water filter faucet is shiny (chrome) while delta talbot is vibrant SS or some such. Their shapes are somewhat similar. We were planning to change the water filter faucet at a later point if it became too jarring. So far, we don't really notice it. The model is GE GXSV65R

beekeeperswife - yeah .. it was planned to be done a month ago :) but at least its ready for the Thanksgiving dinner

KA - I was trying to figure out the granite part, and your pictures of delicatus (along with Marcy, Daki) convinced us that we had picked the right granite. Most other questions I had were already asked by someone else and answered already ..

luv2look - Its not RO. Its dual stage filtration system. After reading here, we decided to go with that. I will attach a picture later

flwrs_n_co - The cabs are maple - cinnamon stain with mocha glazing. We looked at finished kitchen blog and it seemed that knobs are more preferred, but we liked pulls better. The open cabinets won't be open. They will have glass doors. (That is the only part remaining and will be done after T-day) They will have glassware and some display items. We are happy with the lighting. The rest of the house has recessed lighting. Its nice, but doesn't really have a "look".

• judydel
    13 years ago

Very pretty! I ditto what everyone else said and want to add that I love the shutters and your paint color. Enjoy!

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

I just love your granite so much! I also love the cabinet style and color. Your kitchen turned out beautiful. I also have the GE Cafe Range and I love it for function as well as beauty. That faucet and the backsplash is also so nice! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the details.

• blondie859111
    13 years ago

Your kitchen makes me think of friends and family gathering and chatting. I hope you enjoy many wonderful moments in ti- it's lovely!

• dianalo
    13 years ago

I don't know how I missed seeing your kit when you first posted, but let me add belatedly that it is lovely and warm. I like the tile work and how you added personal touches to it.
    I did notice the all pulls too and think they work nicely with the lines of the cabs.
    Congrats!

• warmfridge
    13 years ago

Very nice! That backsplash is perfect with your granite.

• User
    13 years ago

What a pretty kitchen! I love you granite and backsplash. They really work well together.

• Moz Tn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Couple other pictures that were requested ..
    luv2look - here are the faucets

flwrs_n_co - Here is the hutch with some display items etc ..

• claga
    13 years ago

Hi,
    Your Kitchen looks great! We are moving and need to buy new appliances. If you do not mind me asking how do you like your appliances?
    Thank You

• red_eared_slider86
    13 years ago

Very lovely! I see you have 2 faucets on your sink, and it looks very balanced. What size sink do you have?

Thanks!

• beachpea3
    13 years ago

Congratulations! What a yummy kitchen....love your color choices! Very pretty!

• txpepper
    13 years ago

Tnkrer....

A few questions....

What is the depth of your countertop measured from the wall to the front edge of your countertop at the sink?

What is the model number of your sink?

Thank you in advance!
    Pepper

• Moz Tn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

claga: Only two appliances are new and we like them both. GE Cafe range is really nice and the amana refrigerator is also very nice. (stainless becomes dirty with fingerprints etc, but simplehuman microfiber mitt works well on those). At some point we will replace the dishwasher .. but this one is not too old and is working fine. (kenmore)

red_eared_slider - This is Ticor S105DR bought from Galaxy Tool Supply (many good recommendations on this forum for the sink and the dealer). It was 31.5" wide

Pepper: Depth of countertop is 25.5" from cement board (instead of sheetrock). sink is Ticor S105DR. We actually would have like S405, but it needs 36" lower cab and we didnt have those extra 3" :(

Thanks beachpea! We and kids are enjoying the new kitchen :)

• jc02
    13 years ago

The Kitchen Looks great! I really like how the kitchen faucet goes with your sink. Really nice Kitchen!!!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

I don't know how I missed this when you initially posted. How nice to have it finished for the holidays. Your granite is beautiful. I've never seen those pulls before. They are really cool! You created a wonderful, shiny new kitchen. Enjoy!

• wkate640
    13 years ago

tnkrer, I just saw this post the other day. What a beautiful kitchen. We are planning our build, and are using Wellborn Hanover cabinets in a maple stain similar to yours. Would you kindly tell me how wide the stiles are on your cabinet doors? I'm having a hard time visualizing ours, even with the drawings the designer has given us. A drawing on an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper is not the same as a photo. I've looked on their site, too, which helps some.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

I obviously missed this one over Thanksgiving week, but wanted to say how nice it is! I love your hutch area--that looks wonderful. Your stools look really comfortable, too.

Love you granite and cabinets. Everything looks so nice together!

Congratulations on your finished kitchen! :^)

• Moz Tn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

functionfirst: Sorry for not seeing this earlier ..
    The stiles are 2.75", However, the cabinets are not from Wellborn, They are from Wellborn forest. (Two different companies, from what the cabinet store told me, original was wellborn, then one of the brothers started wellborn forest). One of the reasons to pick wellborn forest over wellborn was the stile width. In Wellborn, the stiles were 1.75" for the door style we had liked.