Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Franke GNX Prep Sink Question

Posted by tl1969 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 13:56

Anyone have the GNX 11018 or 11020? The interior dimensions of the 11018 are 17 11/16 x 15 11/16 x 7 7/8. The interior dimensions of the 11020 are 19 11/16 x 17 11/16 x 9 7/8. Not sure if it is a good thing to have such a deep prep sink. Here is a picture of each:
Photobucket

Is there another brand that has the cutting board, and colander and grid for the bottom that is a different material?? If you own this sink can you please tell me if the stainless scratches badly or if the water hitting the 18 gauge is noisy, as that may annoy me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Franke GNX Prep Sink Question

I have the GNX 11018 which I like. The depth is fine and I don't find it noisy at all. I only use it as a prep sink and not for washing dishes or anything so the depth is fine. My clean-up sink is the RGX160.

o

Thank you. Which faucet did you pair it with, and have you had problems with splashing due to the depth? Do you ever wish it were 2 inches wider?

o

I paired it with the Grohe Ladylux 3. I don't have an issue with splashing in the prep sink but I do with the clean-up sink and I think it's because of where the drain is located in the clean-up sink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here