Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cup Pulls that don't need to be countersunk?

Posted by Melissa-Kitchen (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 13:47

I just went to Home Depot and chose a cup pull for our drawers. When I got home, the sample on that I bought doesn't fit on the drawers unless I countersink it and make the original hole larger. Does anyone have any suggestions of a cup pull that I can just screw in to the existing hole. I'm not terribly handy and would like to save myself the aggravation. I did some research online and all of them seem to need this but I'm hoping that someone here has experience with ones that do not.

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cup Pulls that don't need to be countersunk?

The countersinking is actually easy. Just use a drill bit to open up the current hole a bit larger. You only need to drill in the depth of the piece that sticks in there; don't go all the way through.

o

COuld you just get longer screws?

Or am I not getting it?

o

It's not the screws that are the issue, it's where the screw goes into the pulls. It sticks out significantly and is meant to go in the hole on the drawer. I'm not explaining this well but you can see it on the right hand side of the picture. I have my sample one on my drawer now and there's a huge gap and you can see the cylinder part where the screw goes in.

I guess if I decide that I want them, I'll just drill a larger hole. I was just hoping there was a pull out there that wouldn't require making a large hole in case I want to change them in the future.

o

Just checked Hafele catalog- only one of the bin pulls they offer needs to be countersunk, the other dozen or so don't (many are contemporary though).
I'm certain that the majority of bin pulls don't require countersink so you should find one that suits from some mfg. somewhere.
The Hafele you want to avoid it # 151.08.708

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here