Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmgch

faucet and tapmater help, please

lmgch
9 years ago

need some help selecting faucets for our three sinks in the kitchen area. we live in a 1901 center hall colonial - reno will keep with the feel of the house, so not modern

1. large clean-up sink is 36" kohler whitehaven. confused as to sprayer options - pull down, pull out... i love the idea of the functionality of the kohler karbon, but wonder if it will look inappropriately modern? plan to install a tap master so will need to check to see which sinks are compatible. want to manage any spraying/splashing as best as possible, so would appreciate help/tips/ideas on what factors to consider to minimize these issues. also have read that it's important to consider flexibility of hose - what is recommended?

2. prep sink - Blanco Silgranit II Precis Large Bowl. same as above - want to minimize splash and maximize functionality. planning a tap master for this sink too.

3. bar sink - Blanco Silgranit II Precis Medium Bowl. no tap master and don't intend to wash much here.

with regard to the tapmaster, which model do you recommend and why?

many thanks!

Comments (13)

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

follow-up Q as I continue my research - very intrigued by the Moen Arbor with motionsense - seems like it gets great reviews. but can anyone speak to "long-term" utility? i'm not sure how long this faucet has been available, so maybe long-term isn't really appropriate. but i am leery of technology failing and then having more trouble than its worth. KWIM?

thanks

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

Kohler Karbon, whitehaven, and tapmaster! Love it! I also was afraid it would look too modern. I've decided it isn't. I also have the Karbon on my prep sink.

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

Another angle...bad light, sorry.

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you!!

looks great! which tapmaster do you have? couldn't tell from photo

i also realized that if i go with a tapmaster, than i don't need to even consider a motion sink, right?

too many things happening right now to think clearly during the day!

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

I had the Tapmaster euro 1775 installed at my prep sink almost 3 years ago. To this day, I still consider it one of my favorite things about the kitchen. When I was planning my kitchen 5 years ago, the touchless faucet technology wasn't as good as today. I was afraid those faucets would fail over time or not work smoothly long-term. There is no sensor to fail on the Tapmaster. Plus, I fell in love with my Hansgrohe Talis faucet and couldn't warm up to the look of the touchless faucets. A Tapmaster can be put on any faucet you like so the aesthetic choices are much more open than with the Moen faucets. Buy either the Tapmaster or a motion faucet, not both.

As far as the pulldown vs pullout, search around this site to find many threads on the debate. It's personal preference. I strongly prefer pulldowns as the motion feels more natural ergonomically to me, and I like that the water is directed down as you pull it out.

Speaking of searching, you might also look for older Tapmaster threads. I'll link one below in which we discuss our models and some other good stuff.

Finally, I love my silgranit sinks even more than my Tapmaster. I know you'll love yours!

Here is a link that might be useful: Older thread on Tapmasters

• giamegan
    9 years ago

hmm, maybe you need some professioonl advice that could help you really

Here is a link that might be useful: 200 calorie meals

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks, breezygirl! giamegan - i'm very confused so the relevance of the meals link and suggestion for professional help. but thanks...i think.

• vwhippiechick
    9 years ago

We have the toe kick activated Tapmaster. One of my favorite kitchen decisions. It is wonderful. I have found one downside -When I am at other's homes I always try to turn the water on by pushing my foot in the toe kick area :-) Our faucet is a Danze Parma Prerinse model. I am also very happy with it's performance and function.

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

My tapmaster, Euro Tapmaster 1775, I bought online from Conserve-a-store. They were very responsive, and had a good price, I would buy from them again.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Ditto on tapmaster 1775 and online purchase thru conserva-store. It was a great experience! I went with a rohl bridge faucet with side sprayer. I'd say, get the faucet you want, the Tapmaster should work with all of them! I prefer the Tapmaster to all the faucet 'hands-free' models I looked at the last few years.

Lol, yes it's a hard 'habit' to break - I'm at every faucet/sink work station in our home and/or elsewhere trying to get that 1775 foot pedal to work. ;-)

• gin_gin
    9 years ago

I've had pull out faucets in various houses for years. I just replaced my faucet with a pull down, and wow I love it. IMO the functionality is so much better.

• Julie Drew
    9 years ago

Has anyone tried the cabinet door model (1720) or the combination euro + cabinet door model (1778)? I haven't seen these offered at Conservastore yet but they are on the tapmaster website.

Do any allow you to control temperature, or does the temperature have to be pre-set at the faucet for all models?

Here is a link that might be useful: Tapmaster 1720

• nyeringa
    9 years ago

I have had the Moen Arbor Motionsense for a little over a year now and I love it and I really can't understand why all faucets aren't Motionsense. We have had zero issues with it.