Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Hardware help needed

Posted by AJinNH (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 13:23

We're finally getting to where we can see the light at the end of the tunnel - this has been a very long project.

I'm now trying to find hardware for my kitchen cabinets. I'm looking for an oil rubbed bronze that is brownish, not black or gray. It can have gold undertones, but not red or copper hues. The pulls and knobs I'm considering are either Traditional or Transitional styles.

I'd also need appliance pulls in the same finish - style can be different, but similar.

Our light fixtures are Hubbardton Forge bronze (their 05 finish), so we're trying to stay in that range of ORB.

If anyone can suggest a quality hardware in those tones I'd be really grateful. Never knew there were so many different shades of ORB!

This is such a small part of this remodel, but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Hardware help needed

Have you looked at sun valley bronze or rocky mountain hardware?

o
RE: Cabinet Hardware help needed

Just some basic info:

Bronze is actually somewhat pink in its raw state. Most "oil rubbed bronze" hardware is actually brass underneath.

There are no standards for ORB, or any other decorative finish really, every company has their own version of it.

I would describe Hubbardton's 05 finish as antique brass. You might get closer by looking at antique brass hardware.

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here