Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gorgeous White Quartzite Slabs in PA.

Posted by hobokenkitchen (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 13:23

I just saw these quartzite slabs and had to share - they just got a new shipment and it is SO stunning.

I've forgotten the name but it was NOT Super White (they had a very 'blah' slab of SW too).

Pictures don't do it any justice, but I'll post them anyway. The movement is stunning in person - much more so than the pictures show.

They are at Suburban Marble in Bucks County PA and if we didn't already have our Super White in, these slabs would have been a serious contender.

I just wantd to put them out there in case anyone is looking!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gorgeous White Quartzite Slabs in PA.

Love those - not in PA, but thanks for sharing those beauties.

o

Hey! That's my slab! I'm getting these ones from Suburban in our house. Arabescato White Quartzite.

They are lovely aren't they? However, it's only in honed, not polished.

Next choice for me is what backsplash to pair it with? I have a few ideas....

o

Drool!

o

Drewem - lucky, lucky you. Those slabs are absolutely to die for!

Backsplash decision is so hard. I would REALLY like to get some color into the splash, but so tough to do without arguing with the stone.

o

Thank you! :)

Now it was a struggle, and I mean struggle, with the builder to allow me the pleasure of those counters. (This was after the entire Bianco Antico saga, where they agreed to source it for me, but wouldn't let me see it...So I went to their fabricator and picked out the Arabescato White instead) I love the green swirls in it. I was looking at the super white there, but it was blah, as you said.

o

Those are gorgeous! Lucky you, Drewem. A local yard had 1 slab of that a few months ago -- I would have grabed it if they had 2. (They had it marked as Super White.)

o

Those are indeed stunning slabs of stone.
However are you sure of the name? In september I found a stone at a yard in Allentown PA. The woman said it was White Arabescato. It too was stunning very similar to these slabs. I brought home a sample about 8"X12" It is SO brittle, chips off and scratches worse than the soapstone sample.
It has what looks like crystal pieces in it in the veins. But was really pretty but oh so fragile. The woman didnt know what stone it was when I asked if it was quartzite. She said its just arabescato- which was written on it.
I know names change from one place to another.
I may have to drive down tomorrow and get a sample.
Really have to pick before I settle on the cab color

o

I am sure they had it marked as Quartzite. I really noticed because they had the 'blah' Super White slab marked as granite and I've only ever seen Super White marked as quartzite before.

o

Anyone else see the Can-Can dancer's leg in one of those slabs?

o

Anyone else see the Can-Can dancer's leg in one of those slabs?

o

Drew- I'm voting for carrying that up the wall as the backsplash. So gorge it should be seen vertically and horizontally.

Bee

o

Regardless of the name, it's always smart to treat slabs labeled as quartzite with a healthy dose of skepticism. I'd strongly recommend doing a glass-scratch test to determine quartz from marble.

Beautiful slabs though, they remind me of fluffy clouds.

Here is a link that might be useful: super white quartzite thread (it's not actually quartzite)

o

Bee-hmmm now that is one idea I have not considered yet. Thanks for the suggestion! I am open to anything, just not boring...

Yes, at Suburban (where those slabs are located), the tag on them states Arabescato White Quartzite, honed, level 9, 3 cm thick. And yes, the SW was marked as a granite, polished, I forget the level, maybe 8. Not very nice looking at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here